Alice Cooper can relate to Charlie Sheen

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've never heard anything bad about Emilio Estevez, he seems to be a private person off camera unlike Charlie. Then again I don't pay attention to celebrities unless they do something spectacularly retarded like Charlie's public unraveling.

To quote Snoopy...(Lynch)..."shrug".

Fever

Reaction score
I'm thinking a replacement would have to play Charlie Harper, because there is just no logical way that you can explain Charlie Harper not being there. What are the options? Out of town? An offscreen death?

It would be impossible to do either of those with any sort of credibility. If the show goes on with a new actor, there is no choice but to have him play Charlie Harper and take their chances.

Remember when the Dukes of Hazzard replaced Bo and Luke with some asinine story of how they decided to compete in the Nascar circuit or something, so their "cousins" came over to run things while they were gone? They'd have been better off at the time just having those scrubs play Bo and Luke Duke until the real actors returned. Instead the real actors returned and the cousins disappeared never to be heard from or mentioned again.

I agree.That's why I think they should just cut the show.Don't bring in a new Charlie Harper.But I guess it worked with the two Darrens on Bewitched:grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
And another thing, the show is no where near as good as it was in the early years. It probably ended earlier than it could have, but replacing Sheen at this point would be an exercise in failure, imho.

That's right. The first 2 or 3 seasons were the best. From my point of view, the intent seems to have been to try and have the Charlie character "mature" over the past few seasons, which I think is a bad idea. Also I think Jake's character has gotten worse as time goes on. Maybe it is the actor. Maybe it is the writing. I don't know.

Fever

Reaction score
Jake's character has gotten really bad.

I have a solution have Herb(Ryan Stiles) breakup with Judith and he moves in with Alan.:grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Also I think Jake's character has gotten worse as time goes on. Maybe it is the actor. Maybe it is the writing. I don't know.
I agree completely. I think it's a combo of the writing as well as the kid's acting ability. When he was younger, he was 'cute' and his smartass lines came across a lot better than as a teen. I actually found his character to be more annoying than anything in the past couple of years.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can tell the 3 of you watch the show....:heheh:

It has to be a guy thing :)

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I can tell the 3 of you watch the show....:heheh:

It has to be a guy thing :)

Yes, I always loved Sheen's work and style. If I were a woman in Charlie Harper's world, I'd be one of his inevitable (and numerous) conquests :flirt

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Well, duh. Do you know how many people watched his insane rants on TV? People love dirty laundry. A reality show based on Charlie and his insane rants, is just about as low as he could go as an actor.

Sadly I bet you his monthly partying bill..thats Just the thing people would watch...

I never got reality shows and hate the entire concept of them and yet once I read this I thought, the same people watching Jersey Shore would LOVE this
a real human train wreak ?

sounds like a perfect show for some

I never even watched an episode of Two And Half Men apart from ONE on the airplane to Manchester last spring ..I wasn't impressed..but then very little Tv does ..lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Staff online

Members online