Jeff Lynne's ELO Announce Final Tour: 'Over and Out'

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Over & Out will be in Cincinnati September 13..
Upper deck (nosebleed seats) start @$69 - $99.
Mid deck seats start @$145 - $235
Floor (spots are surprisingly still available) start @ $440 - $1,200.

Boys…get out your credit cards…I want a floor (seat) :tongue:

E-Z

Reaction score
In fact, the Move's final album, Message from the Country, was recorded simultaneously with The Electric Light Orchestra.

I bought an extended 'Message To The Country' cd maybe 15-20 years ago and to be honest a part from Ella James (2nd track on the album) that I vaguely recall hearing being played on BBC Radio one possibly back in 1970-71 and was then apparently 'pulled' by EMI I personally find the 'bonus singles' a better listen in some ways which feature Do Ya, Chinatown, Tonight & California Man. In fact I recall Roy, Jeff & Bev performing California Man back in 1971 in a 'mock' 50s Rock & Roll style which I enjoyed and then the next thing all three guys were performing as The Electric Light Orchestra performing on the OGWT doing the 10538 Overture!!.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Take away the synths and strings and you have something off the last 2 MOve albums. They never get mentioned in pieces on Lynne though for some reason .
I saw ELO around 1975 in Chicago.....good show , sadly can't recall that much of it.
I still have the first 4 lps...after Eldorado they went full on pop rock for the most part.
I pull out the first 2 now and then....I like that early edgy psych pop rock feel better than the later slick pop.
btw...they are listed on Prog Rock Archives as 'crossover prog'.
https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2259

In interview Lynne says this is his favorite ELO realized song
Electric Light Orchestra did three songs with Messrs. in their titles, "Mr. Blue Sky" from Out of the Blue in 1977, "Mister Kingdom" from Eldorado, A Symphony in 1974 and "Mr. Radio" from No Answer in 1972, among my all-time faves

:cool:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.