Jeff Lynne's ELO Announce Final Tour: 'Over and Out'

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
No "final" album announced yet, maybe soon, probably titled Over and Out, I shall look forward to that!

NEWS
MARCH 18, 2024

JEFF LYNNE’S ELO ANNOUNCES 2024 NORTH AMERICAN FALL TOUR

Picture1.jpg

Jeff Lynne’s ELO is set to embark on the band’s final tour dubbed “The Over and Out Tour”. The 27-date North American trek, produced by Live Nation, will kick off in Palm Desert, CA on August 24 and travel across North America to cities such as New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles and Seattle before concluding in Inglewood, CA on October 26.

Artist Presale will begin on Wednesday, March 20 @ 10am local time and General tickets will be available to the public on Friday, March 22 @ 10am local time. Exclusive VIP experiences will be available March 20th at 10am local. Please visit www.livenation.com and https://www.jefflynneselo.com/ for all details.

Lynne’s North American tour in 2019 delighted massive crowds and drew widespread critical acclaim:

“A brilliant catalog returns to U.S. stages and gives the strings-starved people what they want. The ELO catalog speaks for itself… and it was a glorious thing to behold… in a 19-song set that reprised the closest thing to truly Beatle-level pop the 1970s had to offer.” – Variety

“Jeff Lynne’s ELO prove that spacy pop rock is still a livin’ thing… one of the most flawless and visually stunning arena shows I’ve seen in a long time. Complete with monstrous lights, lasers and the mandatory ELO spaceship hovering behind the band on video screens, the show was as grand and engrossing as a blockbuster movie — a ’70s blockbuster movie, that is.” – LA Weekly

“Jeff Lynne and the Electric Light Orchestra put on a dazzling display chronicling a war chest of classic rock hits for a sold out crowd.” – Martinez Tribune

“Jeff Lynne’s ELO is practically a religious experience for rock ‘n’ roll disciples” – Houston Press

“For all the gifted musicians that helped achieve Lynne’s perfectionist vision, ELO was always his creation, a neon-hued Frankenstein’s monster built from bits of early rock-and-roll, symphonic themes, Beatles harmonies, and disco beats. All of those pieces came together flawlessly… played to perfection.” – The Philadelphia Inquirer

Known as one of the most iconic forces in music history, in recent years Jeff Lynne’s ELO has delivered a critically acclaimed and chart-topping album along with a sold out run of UK and European shows. Jeff Lynne was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame last year and the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2017. The band has always been known for their epic live shows and with a distinct style that seamlessly and innovatively blends rock, pop and classical, ELO has had more than 20 Top 40 Hits across the U.S. and the U.K., making Lynne’s sweeping productions some of the most recognizable music of the last forty years and helping sell over 50 million records worldwide.

Widely agreed upon as one of the greatest record producers in music history, Lynne was a co-founder and member of The Travelling Wilburys together with George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, and Tom Petty, as well as a producer and collaborator with some of the biggest names in music including The Beatles, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Joe Walsh and Bryan Adams.

Date  City  Venue 
August 24, 2024 Palm Desert, CA Acrisure Arena
August 27, 2024 Seattle, WA Climate Pledge Arena
August 28, 2024 Vancouver, BC Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
August 30, 2024 Portland, OR Moda Center
September 1, 2024 San Francisco, CA Chase Center
September 6, 2024 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Center
September 7, 2024 Indianapolis, IN Gainbridge Fieldhouse
September 9, 2024 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
September 10, 2024 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena
September 13, 2024 Cincinnati, OH Heritage Bank Center
September 14, 2024 Cleveland, OH Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
September 16, 2024 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
September 20, 2024 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
September 23, 2024 Boston, MA TD Garden
September 25, 2024 Washington, DC Capital One Arena
September 27, 2024 Chicago, IL United Center
September 30, 2024 St, Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
October 2, 2024 Denver, CO Ball Arena
October 9, 2024 Detroit, MI Little Caesars Arena
October 11, 2024 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
October 12, 2024 Atlanta, GA State Farm Arena
October 15, 2024 Austin, TX Moody Center
October 16, 2024 Houston, TX Toyota Center
October 18, 2024 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
October 21, 2024 Phoenix, AZ Footprint Center
October 23, 2024 Sacramento, CA Golden 1 Center
October 25, 2024 Inglewood, CA Kia Forum

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Looks kick ass!
Saw them twice, NEC Out Of The Blue gig was perfect... Wonder if he'll allow Bev on stage?

I'd attended Zoom Tour Live PBS/VHS/DVD tapings at CBS Television City in Hollywood.

I hope Jeff will allow whoever is still alive, Richard, Bev, Mik, Mel and Mike de Albuquerque!

RIP Kelly, Mike Edwards, Hugh and Louis Clark.

Did ya see this one?

Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) Concert at Birmingham NEC 1986 - Heartbeat 86

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Spot on friend, I didn't have a credit card back then, the guy I went with (since passed) got two NEC tickets either from the fanclub or Jet Records. Since he dj'd in Birmingham. If I'm not mistaken they drove us to the brink with a blistering version of Roll Over Beethoven right at the end.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Playing this just now up to the max!
Beatlematt could be right about prog (with this cracker in mind)
ELO - Poker.
Take away the synths and strings and you have something off the last 2 MOve albums. They never get mentioned in pieces on Lynne though for some reason .
I saw ELO around 1975 in Chicago.....good show , sadly can't recall that much of it.
I still have the first 4 lps...after Eldorado they went full on pop rock for the most part.
I pull out the first 2 now and then....I like that early edgy psych pop rock feel better than the later slick pop.
btw...they are listed on Prog Rock Archives as 'crossover prog'.
https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2259

In interview Lynne says this is his favorite ELO realized song

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Good points dr wu... I still struggle to determine the best version of Do Ya'.
I've always liked the way Jeff "built" his songs, I'd like to see this last concert.... in Birmingham!
With as many originals as possible.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online