Alice Cooper can relate to Charlie Sheen

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
So what happened to the news that Rob Lowe and John Stamos (really) were being considered to fill the Charlie Harper role so the show could continue?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Charlie is now out of work, and has alienated himself from his co-workers, friends, and family........it doesn't look good.

Mark Cuban is actively trying to put together something for/with Charlie. I've heard if it happens, it will most likely be some sort of cable/reality show. Charlie won't be out of work for long with the exception of two things:

1) if he actually does want to work anymore
2) if he can get actor's insurance, which could be the hardest thing for him to get right now.

Fever

Reaction score
They don't need to replace Sheen with Lowe or Stamos, go ahead and cut the show
It might be different if the show was based on work in an office or hospital but it's based in Charlie's beach house.I just don't see how they could work it out.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, duh. Do you know how many people watched his insane rants on TV? People love dirty laundry. A reality show based on Charlie and his insane rants, is just about as low as he could go as an actor.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It might be different if the show was based on work in an office or hospital but it's based in Charlie's beach house.I just don't see how they could work it out.

I heard Stamos was in the "possibilities" category for a replacement. He would be a decent choice, but he isn't 1/2 the actor Charlie is.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Sheen is better than either Lowe or Stamos, by a pretty good margin.

However, I think either one of them wouldn't have a great deal of trouble playing a womanizing playboy named Charlie Harper who owns a beach house.

Honestly, it isn't exactly a tough character to portray. Both of those guys have played similar characters on many occasions. Stamos on Full House and Lowe on Dr. Vegas, Wayne's World and a number of other things.

That's why I think it could work, at least from an "acting" standpoint. Stamos also has a music background.

The only problems are doing it with the same wit that Charlie Sheen has and most importantly getting people to watch the show without Sheen on there.

Even if someone like Lowe came in and did extremely well with the role, which is a possibility, I think a lot of people won't watch the show with a "new Charlie" on there.

Lynch

Reaction score
I heard Stamos was in the "possibilities" category for a replacement. He would be a decent choice, but he isn't 1/2 the actor Charlie is.
I dunno,I think both Stamos and/or Lowe are better actors than Charlie. Well, Lowe is, but maybe not Stamos. Charlie just has more charisma than either of the other two.

But aside from that, the thing with Sheen on 2.5 Men was that he wasn't really acting, was he? I mean he pretty much just played himself on the show, didn't he?

And another thing, the show is no where near as good as it was in the early years. It probably ended earlier than it could have, but replacing Sheen at this point would be an exercise in failure, imho.

Fever

Reaction score
Sheen is better than either Lowe or Stamos, by a pretty good margin.

However, I think either one of them wouldn't have a great deal of trouble playing a womanizing playboy named Charlie Harper who owns a beach house.

Honestly, it isn't exactly a tough character to portray. Both of those guys have played similar characters on many occasions. Stamos on Full House and Lowe on Dr. Vegas, Wayne's World and a number of other things.

The only problems are doing it with the same wit that Charlie Sheen has and most importantly getting people to watch the show. Even if someone like Lowe came in and did extremely well with the role, which is a possibility, I think a lot of people won't watch the show with a "new Charlie" on there.

I wouldn't think they would play Charlie Harper but an entirely new character.That's why I said it wouldn't work

Why not get Charlie's brother Emilio Estevez? The unknown brother that Alan and Charlie never knew they had.

Lynch

Reaction score
Why not get Charlie's brother Emilio Estevez? The unknown brother that Alan and Charlie never knew they had.

Interesting idea, however I'm not sure how well that would go over in the "Sheen/Estevez" family. But if you think about it, are they really involved in Sheen's life right now anyway? sure aren't hearing anything about them trying to 'innervate'. *shrug*

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I wouldn't think they would play Charlie Harper but an entirely new character.That's why I said it wouldn't work

I'm thinking a replacement would have to play Charlie Harper, because there is just no logical way that you can explain Charlie Harper not being there. What are the options? Out of town? An offscreen death?

It would be impossible to do either of those with any sort of credibility. If the show goes on with a new actor, there is no choice but to have him play Charlie Harper and take their chances.

Remember when the Dukes of Hazzard replaced Bo and Luke with some asinine story of how they decided to compete in the Nascar circuit or something, so their "cousins" came over to run things while they were gone? They'd have been better off at the time just having those scrubs play Bo and Luke Duke until the real actors returned. Instead the real actors returned and the cousins disappeared never to be heard from or mentioned again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Members online