Alice Cooper can relate to Charlie Sheen

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No I don't work in the industry and make no claims about being an insider.

However anyone that doesn't think Charlie's antics have hurt his marketability is fooling themselves.

Chuck Lorre does have other shows, he is not tied to 2 1/2 men exclusively...oh yeah and wasn't he one of the main writers for the show? Even Charlie mentioned that in one of his rants.

Chuck Lorre > Charlie Sheen when it comes to the television side of show business.

And I am no expert and don't give a rat's ass about where Sheen goes next, he is an idiot on a course of self destruction and has all the options in the world to get help but refuses to do so and continues to make a spectacle of himself. Maybe the twitter generation get a kick out of his rants, me I find them embarrassing.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
LG, pretty rare that I go against "the grain" (you) here but I generally agree with Stone River here.

What does Sheen care, he will still make money from the show even when he is not on it. Lorre was lucky to have Sheen and I have a feeling that he and CBS will deeply regret firing him.

I believe you're right about the money thing because I'm guessing he gets compensated for reruns aired in syndication. At least I assume he does.

In the meantime, CBS does regret canning Charlie in that there are suddenly a lot of broadcasting hours to fill over the long term and they have to figure out a way to do it. That's in addition to possibly rescheduling shows airing before or after Men did. Either way, CBS is taking a hit in the ratings for not having new episodes of Men and it also ultimately affects other shows on their network the same night.

Chuck Lorre is not a one trick pony, 2 1/2 men is just one of his TV series that is/was successful. Actors come and go, influential producers with a good track record last a lot longer, and if you piss on one of them like Charlie has then good luck finding another gig anytime soon.

This is actually the portion I disagree with. Guys like Marv Albert, Paul Reubens, David Letterman, Rob Lowe, etc. have bounced back from ugly sex scandals which were really bad PR blows to whatever work they were doing at the time. Yet all of them have continued on with their careers like nothing ever happened. Tim Allen, Robert Downey Jr., etc. survived drug scandals.

At the end of the day, all Charlie did was be a major asshole. Not much else. He might have trouble finding a leading man gig for a top-tier, weekly television sitcom for a little while but he'll have no problem whatsoever getting cast into one-off projects like a major Hollywood movie.

I don't remember Christian Bale, Russell Crowe, Alec Baldwin or even Mel Gibson getting serious help for their various public meltdowns. Only person I ever recall going in for "help" was Michael Richards from the Seinfeld series, but his career was on the downhill slope anyway before exploding into a racist rant at a stand-up gig.

Two And A Half Men is the biggest show he has ever had and the success of that show has afforded him other opportunies like The Big Bang Theory and Mike and Molly, but even those shows are nothing compared to what is essentially The Charlie Sheen show and yes, Charlie is the show.

Chuck Lorre is also an alcoholic and was fired from Roseanne, so he has his problems too.

Charlie Sheen will easily find another show to do and producers are already approaching him, so I really don't know where you get this idea that he will have a problem finding another gig. You obviously don't work in the industry, because you would be aware that he is getting offers now.

I touched on most of these things above already, but like you say, it was essentially the Charlie Sheen show in which Charlie played a PG-rated version of himself on tv. Not much different than Jerry Seinfeld or Tony Danza playing themselves on tv for years.

Jon Cryer's phone wasn't ringing with anything hot until Charlie Sheen rolled into his life and gave some washed up 80's movie chump decent work again. He's a twerp for essentially distancing himself from Sheen and selling him down the river in interviews. Charlie was right to criticize him recently.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^All that might be true Aero, but someone had to Write the show...and that was Chuck Lorre...without his contribution Sheen doesn't have as much success period.

It takes both of them and the rest of the cast to create a Hit show, saying it's all Charlie Charlie and Charlie is wrong.

Doesn't matter to me Stone River is just mad because I blasted Apple in another thread, so I take his rant with a large grain of salt.:grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
It takes both of them and the rest of the cast to create a Hit show, saying it's all Charlie Charlie and Charlie is wrong.

Argh, I'm wrong?! Oh no, not AGAIN! That's the third time today I've heard that and it is only 12:43pm eastern time here. :D

By the way, Stone River isn't a distant relative of our old friend RiverDog now is he?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'm not sure,,,I don't mind someone having their own opinion as long as they don't get personal...too early to tell, but no introduction, a massive pro Steve Jobs post defending him against Bon Jovi and now this.

I am not sure if he has posted in any of the pure music threads yet...:think:

I concede some of your well thought out points Aero, but hold that the totality of the production team and the cast of actors made that show successful more than anything else.

Stone River

Banned
Reaction score
^^No I don't work in the industry and make no claims about being an insider.

However anyone that doesn't think Charlie's antics have hurt his marketability is fooling themselves.

Chuck Lorre does have other shows, he is not tied to 2 1/2 men exclusively...oh yeah and wasn't he one of the main writers for the show? Even Charlie mentioned that in one of his rants.

Chuck Lorre > Charlie Sheen when it comes to the television side of show business.

And I am no expert and don't give a rat's ass about where Sheen goes next, he is an idiot on a course of self destruction and has all the options in the world to get help but refuses to do so and continues to make a spectacle of himself. Maybe the twitter generation get a kick out of his rants, me I find them embarrassing.

He hasn't hurt his marketability as far as making money is concerned and that's all he cares about. He could write a book tomorrow and every publisher would want it, because it would be a best seller. His live shows are selling out and any new show he were to do - reality or scripted, would get huge ratings.

Those other shows are not even remotely making the kind of money that 2 and Half Men doe, so yes - that is his bread and butter. Yes he is one of the writers, but that writing won't stop the show from being canceled when no one gives a crap about the show without Charlie Sheen.

What you think is actually wrong. I do work in the industry and have the advantage over you to know that you are wrong. By the way, CBS wasn't even going to do the show unless Charlie Sheen signed on, so Lorre owes him big.

Stone River

Banned
Reaction score
^^All that might be true Aero, but someone had to Write the show...and that was Chuck Lorre...without his contribution Sheen doesn't have as much success period.

Doesn't matter to me Stone River is just mad because I blasted Apple in another thread, so I take his rant with a large grain of salt.:grinthumb

I hate Apple and have no love for Steve Jobs.

Stone River

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure,,,I don't mind someone having their own opinion as long as they don't get personal...too early to tell, but no introduction, a massive pro Steve Jobs post defending him against Bon Jovi and now this.

I am not sure if he has posted in any of the pure music threads yet...:think:

I concede some of your well thought out points Aero, but hold that the totality of the production team and the cast of actors made that show successful more than anything else.

I never introduce myself on any forum I join. I just join and post where I want to post and read what I want to read. Is that OK with you? I also don't like Apple or iTunes at all, but I understand the business.
I have never been on a forum before where they judge you if you haven't posted in "pure music threads". I may never post in "pure music threads", but I assume that is my choice.

Seems very controlling if you don't mind me saying. I assumed we are free to post as we want to.

Last edited:

Stone River

Banned
Reaction score
Charlie Sheen, CBS In 'Two And A Half Men' Return Discussions: Report

Looks like "Two and a Half Men" may be whole again soon.

Without determining who represents what fraction, NBC's Jeff Rossen is reporting that, according to a source close to Sheen, two weeks after Sheen was fired from the show, the $2 million an episode man may get his job back on the biggest sitcom on television.

"Sources close to Charlie Sheen tell NBC News, CBS has offered him his job back. Discussions ongoing. Not a done deal," Rossen said via Twitter.

Of any reporter, Rossen would know; Sheen has praised the reporter who interviewed him for his multi-part NBC special report (part one and part two).

Hollywoodlife.com also reports that discussions are ongoing. A show insider told the site, “The rumors are true — CBS wants Charlie back. They saw how popular his tour has become, how it has been selling out, and when word spread that he started talking to Fox about a late-night show, some decision-makers got a little antsy."

There's an 80% chance that Sheen returns, the source told the site.

If this is all true, it's a huge turnaround for the network and Sheen, who have been at war over the last month. Sheen ripped series creator Chuck Lorre in a series of radio and television interviews, and sued for $100 million following his firing and the show's decision to shut down for the rest of the season.

Since the firing, Sheen has found new sources of income: he's working to make $1 million a year in Twitter endorsements, and he's embarking on a North American live tour, for which he'll earn $7 million

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online