Which 2000s bands/musicians will be considered legends in 20 years?

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Radiohead has already achieved legendary status.

White Stripes
Flaming Lips
Sigur Rós
Wilco
Porcupine Tree
Spoon
interesting list. I noted Jack White over just putting the White Stripes because he has done so much more now, I'm just thinking in the end it will be Jack White as the legend with several bands attached.

I would love to see Sigur Rós reach a larger crowd but think they will always just be a small following.

PT is a good choice!!
I don't see it with Spoon, Wilco or the Flaming Lips although they are all great bands. Seeing Wilco saturday actually! :)

haha not surprised this thread went into an attack on Radiohead. I agree with Zombeels Radiohead already legends!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sigur Ros is just too eclectic to reach legendary status AK...it took me a while to get what they were doing.

I really like PT, I have all of their studio albums and some assorted live/EP/bootlegs as well. When I heard them the first time I was almost speechless...very much a Pink Floyd vibe to their music, done in their own style of course.

Yeah mention RH and this always happens...:D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
and if that's the fact, then what good is it to have an opinion on a matter you have no experience in? maybe you're cool with the principle of people having opinions on bands they've never heard of before, but to me thats pretty ****** up

Would he be the first?? C'mon I've met alot of people that didn't like bands I like and never got past a few tunes. I'm sure we all have at one time or another. This just happens to be a band you like.

Revive the Radiohead thread, keep it goin', support them and show 'em off so others can learn more. :cheers:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Would he be the first?? C'mon I've met alot of people that didn't like bands I like and never got past a few tunes. I'm sure we all have at one time or another. This just happens to be a band you like.

Revive the Radiohead thread, keep it goin', support them and show 'em off so others can learn more. :cheers:

naw man. i mean its one thing for a person to listen to a couple of songs based on a recommendation and say they don't like the band based on that very small number of songs that person has heard.

its a totally different thing for a person who has absolutely zero knowledge of a band, hasn't even listened to a single track, and make an opinion about it

just sayin bro

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
hmmm... insert smilie ...

... here ----> :bdh:

oh so you'd be cool with it if i went into the Dokken thread and said they sucked (and still suck) and that there's a ton of bands who are better and more deserving of the attention but that i've never heard a single song by them and hadn't even heard of them until 20 minutes ago?

:huh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
naw man. i mean its one thing for a person to listen to a couple of songs based on a recommendation and say they don't like the band based on that very small number of songs that person has heard.

its a totally different thing for a person who has absolutely zero knowledge of a band, hasn't even listened to a single track, and make an opinion about it

just sayin bro

Mmm.....I agree and yet I don't. After listening to a band it's fair to formulate an opinion, yes. It's also fair to not feel compelled to listen to a band based on their genre as that usually can give one an educated guess on the band itself. It's also also fair to simply not feel like listening to a band if you've never heard of them (especially if said band is as well known as Radiohead) as that means they could very easily be in a different ballpark from one's respective tastes.
I understand what you're saying is that it's not fair to judge a book by it's cover //SLASH// just because someone hasn't heard of something doesn't mean it's not worth hearing but fairness is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, it's really easy (and fair) to formulate an "I don't care" opinion of a band.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
^^ I have a feeling this has been blown out of proportion. Considering Džedaj isn't even a natural English speaker, there's probably been something lost in translation here.

But then, as LG said, this seems to be the direction every Radiohead conversation takes. :dunno:

FTR, I've heard a few Radiohead tunes and they're alright, but there always seems to be just one or two bands ahead of them in my priorities for purchase, so they (and Muse) are absent from my collection.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
oh so you'd be cool with it if i went into the Dokken thread and said they sucked (and still suck) and that there's a ton of bands who are better and more deserving of the attention but that i've never heard a single song by them and hadn't even heard of them until 20 minutes ago?

:huh:
Um...

First off, this is NOT a radiohead thread.
Second of all, if someone says Dokken sucks... so be it. Their loss, not mine.
Third, if someone admitted to not having heard anything by them and said they sucked, I wouldn't beat that comment to death in like 5 straight posts saying the exact same thing.

Thus, the :bdh: smilie

But, that's just me.

My thoughts are pretty simple. If someone likes or doesn't like a band that I do, it's not going to change my life in the least. If there were say, 10 Dokken threads open and someone went into every single one and ripped on them, then it's simply irriating and what I myself (and many others) would consider trolling.... something that is overlooked on some other music forums. That simply isn't the case here. Try not to take it so personal (just a suggestion)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with you Lynch, when someone slams a band I like it doesn't bother me or affect my feelings for them. At the same time when someone makes an effort and introduces me to a new band then I will give them a serious listen, that is something I try to do keep an open mind for new bands.

Let's move on, the topic here is which band we think will have a lasting legacy from 2000, Tracey posted Muse, I have mentioned Radiohead, and there are some other worthy candidates as well. Porcupine Tree has done some excellent work and deserve mention.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online