Which 2000s bands/musicians will be considered legends in 20 years?

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
I agree with this. I surfed the net and out of nowhere I found out they have almost same number of scrobble as the Beatles on Last.fm. Never before heard of them, not even one single song, even their name sound unfamiliar. I don't get into indie rock so I don't value that kind of rock as others do, but I think other band should be ranker higher than Radiohead is, but that's just my opinion.

wow. so first of all you agree you don't get them when you've never heard of them. and think you think other bands should be much more popular than Radiohead is despite the fact that you hardly even know who they are. thats pretty ignorant of you :rolleyes:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am willing to cut Dzedaj some slack, first English is not his primary language, and if he was not interested in RH that is his prerogative. I love it whenever RH is mentioned, you get such an instant polarization of fans either for or against the band.

Perhaps we can convince DZ to give them a listen and he will find he likes them, anything is possible and this is all for fun anyway.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
i've got no problem if he gives them a listen and finds he doesn't like them. i don't get all upitty if someone doesn't like the same music as i do because its all personal preference. im just not cool with one making an opinion on something one literally knows nothing about

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with you TL, but this is all just theoretical anyway,,,and maybe DZ just wanted to participate even though he doesn't have any experience with Radiohead. Like I said if nothing else maybe we can convince him to give them a chance.

Why don't you post your two favorite albums, and a couple of songs as a starting point with the band?

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
well there's a fine thread in the 00's forum about them. if he has any interest then he can go check it out

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I agree with this. I surfed the net and out of nowhere I found out they have almost same number of scrobble as the Beatles on Last.fm. Never before heard of them, not even one single song, even their name sound unfamiliar. I don't get into indie rock so I don't value that kind of rock as others do, but I think other band should be ranker higher than Radiohead is, but that's just my opinion.

wow. so first of all you agree you don't get them when you've never heard of them. and think you think other bands should be much more popular than Radiohead is despite the fact that you hardly even know who they are. thats pretty ignorant of you :rolleyes:

Hey, I get the frustration of people assuming that because a band came out past a certain era that they aren't worthy but the way you chose to respond with any lack of grace isn't even better. Dzedaj said that he was surprised a band he hadn't heard of eclipsed perhaps the most celebrated group in history. What's wrong with surprise? Is that offensive? It sounds to me that after seeing their ranking he actually did listen to them to make a call and he had the respect to say it was only his opinion that the Beatles should be ranked higher and he admitted that he didn't get into Indie rock. How are you representing Radioheads fan base in a good way when you resort to your above tactics to defend them. On that note, I'm going to bed! :zzz:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey, I get the frustration of people assuming that because a band came out past a certain era that they aren't worthy but the way you chose to respond with any lack of grace isn't even better. Dzedaj said that he was surprised a band he hadn't heard of eclipsed perhaps the most celebrated group in history. What's wrong with surprise? Is that offensive? It sounds to me that after seeing their ranking he actually did listen to them to make a call and he had the respect to say it was only his opinion that the Beatles should be ranked higher and he admitted that he didn't get into Indie rock. How are you representing Radioheads fan base in a good way when you resort to your above tactics to defend them. On that note, I'm going to bed! :zzz:

well it sounded to me that he still hasn't her a single song by them and doesn't care too. and if that's the fact, then what good is it to have an opinion on a matter you have no experience in? and we're not saying that Radiohead is better than the Beatles or anything like that, but simply Radiohead is generally more popular than the Beatles among the users on Last.fm. maybe you're cool with the principle of people having opinions on bands they've never heard of before, but to me thats pretty ****** up

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.