What Songs/Bands First Got You Into Music?

Recky

Reaction score
hmm, Beatles, Purple, Stones, Quo, Slade , Zep, Billy Thorpe, Lobby Loyd and The Colored Balls , Shylock ....for starters

Reaction score
The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Scorpions, Queen, Deep Purple, Status Quo, Bryan Adams, Yngwie Malmsteen

Magic

Woman of the World
Reaction score
My personal musical journey began at age 12, when it was popular to go to the skating rink every weekend. Back then (1972) I remember hearing a lot of Stevie Wonder, Lou Reed, Elton John, Doobie Brothers, War, and Edgar Winters. Then later, around age 15, it was disco at the rink. K. C. & Sunshine Band, Wild Cherry, Bee Gee’s, Cool & The Gang, Average White Band, and Ohio Players.

my next phase of music was late teens & party girl music. I fell in love with Aerosmith (still my #1 band), Bad Company, Journey, Outlaws, Blackfoot, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, The Cars, Van Halen, Foreigner, Talking Heads, Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Triumph, ZZ Top.

the 80’s was pretty much dominated by the bands mentioned above and southern rock. Molly Hatchet, 38 Special, Allman Brothers, Little Feet, Rossington Collins Band, April Wine, Nantucket, Stevie Ray Vaughan.

before I started going skating, I was exposed to hard rock of the 60’s by my brothers. Bands like Iron Butterfly, The Who, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, SteppenWolf, Deep Purple, Free, Blue Cheer, Uriah Heep, and James Gang. Of course, I was very young and had no idea those bands would play a bigger role later in my life.

now, I am a rattlehead. I listen to a lot of heavy music. My personal favorite metal genre is symphonic metal followed by progressive metal.

Rusty Knotts

Reaction score
I was born in 1966.
Earliest song I remember: Light My Fire - Doors.
First songs I bought on 45: Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly; Light my Fire - Hendrix; I Feel Love - Donna Summer
First song I became obsessed with: Good Vibrations - Beach Boys
First albums I bought in a store with my own money - Frampton Comes Alive & Kinks Greatest Hits
Songwriters that leaked in and influenced me because of my Mom's albums:
Christine McVie
Neil Diamond
Gordon Lightfoot

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
This was the first disc I bought with my own cash.. Ex-jukebox record from a junk store. Circa... '72?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The Mob - Give It To Me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marquita73

Members online