With what methods did/do you listen to music from 2000 to present?

With what methods did/do you listen to music from 2000 to present?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Beginning 2,000 I was still using tapes as well as cds but now I only play cds. I also listen to music via mp3 player, radio (BBC Radio 1 or Planet Rock through Sky tv) and rock tv music channels (Sky again).

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
hmmm so what would you say is a good stereo system company? im not much familiar with stereos and audio equipment so i'd love to hear some opinions

I agree with Lord Grendel. Bose sucks, primarily because the company spends as much on advertising as the other speaker companies all put together! Plus they pay commissions to salesmen over and above what the retailer already pays! So with Bose you're paying for advertising, not research or quality component parts.

For speakers you might want to check out the offerings from Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Mission and BIC. Make sure you give various speakers a listen though. Speakers are a highly subjective area and just because a pair of speakers is noticeably more expensive doesn't mean you will like them better.

Both Marantz and Pioneer make good quality equipment at relatively friendly prices. Sony abandoned any pretensions to producing equipment for the audiophile decades ago.

:rock:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mostly CD's and the Radio.
Once in a great while I listen to a cassette.
I began collecting MP3's in 2008 and have quite a large collection. I take my mp3 player with me everywhere I go. :tup:

Rocker440

Reaction score
Your a Mod.. You can fix yours..:heheh:

:lmao: :lmao:

Lord Grendel

CD's became dominant in my library.

Vinyl...still have the turntable I bought in 1979.

Cassettes....picked up a great deck for my home use, but now CD-R's have sort of taken it's place. Still use it though.

Downloads...not much for MP3's except to listen to something the first time...WAV or FLAC are different and I do listen to them quite often.

Ditto with the CD's here as well! :grinthumb

Ditto, again, with the turntable, too, LG! But will it pass the 'white glove' test? ;) My surely doesn't! :tongue:

I'm probably one of the few people around that still has and uses my cassette tape deck, but not nearly as much as I did before the advent of CD's! :heybaby:

Another ditto for me with the downloads! One exception, I used to listen to a lot of WAV files, mostly for clips of songs and also with clips of song parodies, too. I still have a few of them....somewhere!

Sox

My vinyl is locked away and I have become an avid cd collector.

Same for me, Sox! Vinyl does have a cool, splendid uniqueness, imo, that most other forms don't. :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
how about XM Radio, Sirius and all that?

Does anyone use this? I personally hated seeing the radio airwaves go to a "pay status". But some of my friends love XM and Sirius.....:bonk:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Staff online

Members online