With what methods did/do you listen to music from 2000 to present?

With what methods did/do you listen to music from 2000 to present?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't have any of those Magic, and it is because of those "Corporate" stations that we have lost almost all of our local FM stations now. It is so formula driven that I wished the regulators had never issued them permits to take over the airwaves on this scale.

CBC, CBC2 and CKSR would be the three I used to listen too, but not so much anymore.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A couple years ago, you could set your radio to "search" for stations and it would stop on a lot of stations, now you barely get any stations with a search. I dont know if that is a sign of the economic times or if XM and Serius is really that big now.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's a grand design Magic, I saw a special on PBS about this little radio station in a small town in Alabama I think it was, been around forever, and now they are going extinct. The big corporate satellite stations enter a market, take all the revenue and set up a formula based station with a couple of hours of local news etc., to replace what were once landmarks and part of the fabric of a community. It is of epidemic proportions now. Thankfully those of us with computers and internet can find whatever we want Without these mega corporations, I have no intention of ever subscribing to any of them.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Hmm, mostly vinyls because I'm retro junkie, on my iPod when I'm out, while on PC mostly downloaded MP3s because I'm discovering new bands every day and I don't have that amount of money to buy albums so...and internet classic rock radios, yeah, to discover new bands and songs :)
I guess my music appettite is pretty big :D

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I had Sirius for awhile back when Howard Stern first switched. I had to drop it though it became too expensive. I loved it when i had it.

I have a lot of vinyl that I listen to consistently and also cds and mp3s. I rarely listen to music on the computer.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.