Who is the band/artist you first recall hearing as a child?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It's easier than typing your full name...:heheh:...yeah cassettes were invented just as I was getting enough money to buy vinyl albums back in the day.

That takes me back, Mom had a Philips Dad bought when we were in Europe lasted her for a long time.

Reminds me of our first TV, can't find the actual model but the screen was tiny compared to the cabinet, but even though we only had one channel it was the center point of the living room.:D

0ddbb9d8c54d86fa2dcf01ac3a89927c.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
You could stack a pile of singles on the centre hold and once one had played the arm returned and then the next fell and the arm went into auto and began again and so on .. the peak of technology.

That TV is awesome LG.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I used to cringe when I saw my Mom do that with her records,,,I treated my first records with TLC, and would never load them on a changer.:eek: Somehow the thought of them dropping on top of each other bothered me, and as I grew older and started to figure things out that confirmed my opinion of those diabolical devices...but you are right my friend state of the art and great for parties, load up the old records and you were good to go for a few hours.:cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ My family didn't seem to care two hoots back then they would load up the Beatles and let them go .. as you say not good for a collector to watch. :pullhair: :) I was too young to know any better then !!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I was lucky, my Dad bought us our own stereo in 1974 I think it was, and it changed the way I approached everything about music. The only bad part was the cartridge/stylus assembly was twitchy and he had to drive to Vancouver to get a new one...then they became obsolete. But I'll never forget picking up my copy of BTO's Not Fragile and playing the title song, it literally sent shivers up my spine and I became obsessed with audio equipment from then until the present day.

Back to Jen's thread, here's the song that inspired me to take Audio gear seriously for the first time.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
My mother was (and still is) heavily into country, so I actually listened to a lot of that when I was a young'n.

I also remember hearing a whole lotta Aerosmith in my early days. I think that's why I like their newer sound while a lot of people on here hate it. Get a Grip came out when I was 6 or 7 and I remember seeing the video for Crazy and thinking "How scandalous!" :heheh: Oh, how times have changed.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
My mother was (and still is) heavily into country, so I actually listened to a lot of that when I was a young'n.

I also remember hearing a whole lotta Aerosmith in my early days. I think that's why I like their newer sound while a lot of people on here hate it. Get a Grip came out when I was 6 or 7 and I remember seeing the video for Crazy and thinking "How scandalous!" :heheh: Oh, how times have changed.

Sounds like we had a similar musical growth with a little difference. I prefer the newer Aerosmith as well but it started with Pump for me but that makes sense considering the age difference. Aerosmith were my first favorite band and they continued to be until I discovered SP. As far as the country thing you saw that background already.

Past the Alabama years from my parents influence I continued the Country course because I spent a lot of years with my grandparents growing up and we would play cassettes on car rides. They would let me sneak in the occasional rock cassette but there was a lot of Country since they loved it and I didn't mind it. I liked John Micheal Montgomery, Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Tim McGraw and my grandmother LOVED Alan Jackson (me not so much).

Country has never been my favorite genre overall but always part of my musical diet. Just keep the modern day crap about sexy tractors and love in Wal-Mart parking lots away from me! :heheh:

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have The Beatles be the first band I heard as a child, introduced to me by my mother. I pretty much grew up with them being my #1 band, and was known as 'that kid who knows anything and everything about The Beatles' in middle school.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online