Is Your Partner Into Rock?

MCFCTrick

Reaction score
Just wondering, the above question. A mate recently met what he otherwise thought was a perfect woman, but it's beginning to be a problem that she actively hates Rock music in all it's forms. She is into Hip Hop/Rap/Dance and nothing else.

Can it still work out? I couldn't imagine it for myself. I met my missus in 1987, actually in a Rock club (The Phoenix, Manchester) and we shared a love of rock from the start. She is a Zep nut as her car reg shows here, lol.
We have always gone to gigs, had trips and even holidays (Four Lynyrd Skynyrd Simple Man Cruises, several Rhodes Rock Festivals and suchlike) I can't imagine not enjoying them separatlely, but maybe for some it works to have opposing interests?

Do your partners share your love of Rock?Zep.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My spouse likes classic rock, southern rock, and he loves country music. We have gone to quite a few concerts together. And I even went to a Blue Grass festival with him, which was actually a lot of fun.

We are always playing music trivia games like…name this song or band in 10 seconds. (I usually win)

Me, on the other hand love a lot of different kinds of music. My obsession the past few years has been heavy metal & hard rock. My spouse doesn’t care for the heavy music like I do. That’s ok, though. He bought me a killer set of headphones, Skull Candy with a booster & sound controls, so I can crank it without disturbing anyone else.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Mine put's up with some rock I listen too. If I play Zakk Wylde, some Ozzy, a couple of KISS songs, but she is into country mostly.
My mancave is set up to play instruments and I have 3 different system to play music on..
If I offer her some whiskey, then she hangs out once in a blue moon..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
:lmao:Got a tickle out of this..
Magic.. seriously.. Listening to METAL on headphones could cause ear damage.. Your NOT supposed to listen to metal song on #2 volume if your using headphones.. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online