Who is the band/artist you first recall hearing as a child?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
We all have an earliest memory of a band or artist that we remember hearing as a child that may have introduced us to our love of music. Who was yours?

My earliest music memory was hearing Madonna's "Vogue" and seeing that video. I thought she was so fabulous! I admit I'm still a huge Madonna fan and have all of her albums (I may lose street cred for that admission). Love her or hate her, she's still one of the most iconic people in music history.

I also remember Paula Abdul for some odd reason. I think it was because she had that stupid cartoon cat in her "Opposites Attract" video. :heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I still think Paula (that era) is cool! :grinthumb

My first artist were country and I still like to listen to Alabama!

My first act outside of country was Hall and Oates! Maneater used to be a song about a real monster in my head! It's about a woman so I wasn't too far off! :lmao: Still love this act and Daryl's House is a great program!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Wow, that was SO many years ago, I don't think I could positively remember the first song I remember hearing (does that sentance even make sense!?)

I would guess though that it would either be one of these two, as I do have memories of hearing these at a VERY young age and they both came out around the same time if I'm not mistaken.

Beatles - Come Together

Sugarloaf - Green Eyed Lady

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I still think Paula (that era) is cool! :grinthumb

My first artist were country and I still like to listen to Alabama!

My first act outside of country was Hall and Oates! Maneater used to be a song about a real monster in my head! It's about a woman so I wasn't too far off! :lmao: Still love this act and Daryl's House is a great program!

ALABAMA! Love them. Thanks for showing the country love! And Maneater is so cheesy but whenever it come on on the iPod I crank it up! :heheh:

the_spore

God Emperor
Reaction score
Alabama is an awesome band. Mad props to ya, Sooty. :grinthumb

This is the first song I can ever remember hearing. :oyea::lmao:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Some songs that graced the phonograph during my early days of life:

Bangles - "In a Different Light"

(I still have the original LP.)

Cars - "Hello Again"

(Love this video. Love the LP.)

KISS - "Calling Dr. Love"

(Still have the original LP.)

Pat Benatar - "You Better Run"

(As with the previous, yes, I still have the original LP. Shit happens when you're awesome at taking care of things.)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I recall Garth Brooks being a big deal in my house growing up....those were very hard times.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.