Songs you wish you could hear for the first time again

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
If I had to pick one, it would be the album length version of "Frankenstein" by the Edgar Winter Group. It was summer of '76, I was 11. I was spending a couple of weeks with an aunt and uncle. Their sons were my two favorite cousins. They played me the album "They Only Come Out at Night" by the EWG. I was used to hearing the short, single edit of "Frankenstein" that they used to play on AM top 40 radio. When I heard the longer album version it blew my mind. It would be kind of cool to have that feeling again.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Sigur Ros - Saeglopur

I remember the first time I heard this song, it was on a friends myspace, and I was curious to check out the band. And thankfully I did, otherwise I would have never been able to experience the "epicness" that is the Takk.. album.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
No one song in particular, but I really wish I could hear these albums again for the first time, as each one blew me away on the first spin. It wasn't just one song or two, but the entire albums:

Kiss - Alive! (1975)
Kiss - Creatures of the Night (1982)
Dokken - Tooth and Nail (1984)
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon (1983)
Triumph - Thunder Seven (1984)
Tesla - Mechanical Resonance (1986)
Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction (1987)

There are a lot more, but I've already kind of gone a bit off topic.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Gotta agree with the Bark at the Moon mention.

And no prob about going a bit off topic. If people want to put full albums, that's perfectly fine too.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
In the Light by Led Zeppelin

I remember first hearing this song. It was freezing cold and dark and snowing mad crazy and this song just sort of fit with the moment. It was sort of chaotic and wild and foreign and made me feel like I was in some crazy frozen desert or something with no one else around for miles... just me and the music. It just fit the atmosphere. I'm honestly not sure how to describe how I felt then, so I'll just say it would be cool to hear this for the "first time" again.

And totally agreed with Sox on Ramble On. That song always had a mystical feel to it with Jonesy's superb bassline. Actually, you could probably add most of Zep's tunes to my list. There's a reason why they're my favorite. Hearing most of their songs for the first time, I can honestly say they were some of the most memorable "little moments" of my life. They have an effect on me that no other band creates. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EricaRepas

Members online