Driving Music -Seeking Suggestions - Highway Songs

Stymie

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I'm seeking examples of what I call 'Driving Music" or "Highway Songs'.

Definition:

A song that has a relentless, driving quality to it, that makes you literally feel like your foot is on the gas pedal and you're cruising down the highway. Music that has a steady, non-stop quality, an energy that propels you forward.

Ultimate Examples:

L.A. Woman - The Doors

Radar Love - Golden Earring

Songs that don't work are anything with breaks, tempo changes, or where the beat drops off, which eliminates 99.9% of Rock Music. I'm looking for songs that are relentless all the way through, or as close to that as possible. (I'm NOT looking for songs with the word 'highway' in the title.)

This is a tenaciously difficult thing to research. I seem to be the only person on Earth who perceives this. Or maybe my inability to express this quality in words is hampering my searches?

Other Examples:

Tush - ZZ Top

Green Onions - Booker T & the MGs

On The Road Again - Canned Heat

Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. And if you can put your finger on what these songs have in common, or explain it better than me, please share it. Lol!

-Stymie

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
You are hoping for music and rhythms that compels you to move or want to move. Obviously this means different things to different people but I’m sure many here will participate.

Last edited:

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
“Reach Out”

How are we doing so far? I’ll put up some instrumentals next and I also invite you to “follow me” on Spotify. beatlemw. I have several playlists you could sample. Some have themes some are just collections of songs.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I drive a junker... but it's tuned... So the music has to match my driving style (which is, Armenian goat herder)
This suits-
Kings of Leon - The Bucket.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online