Rainbow (Official Thread)

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Re: Rainbow

Blackmore gave Rainbow one last fling in the mid-90's between his last stint with Purple and Blackmore's Night. Stranger In Us All is one of my favorite Rainbow albums. They rework Still I'm Sad with vocals. The opening track Wolf To The Moon sounds like classic Rainbow.

Rainbow-Stranger+In+Us+All+1995.jpg

Tony Carey, Joe Lynn Turner and Blackmore's son Jurgen have been touring as Over The Rainbow with other ex-Rainbow members.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I smile whenever I read a post like yours Telecat, or an article that mentions "The Son of..." touring in a band or in some cases with their Dad's who I grew up with...lol. I must be getting old.:D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Blackmore gave Rainbow one last fling in the mid-90's between his last stint with Purple and Blackmore's Night. Stranger In Us All is one of my favorite Rainbow albums. They rework Still I'm Sad with vocals. The opening track Wolf To The Moon sounds like classic Rainbow.

Rainbow-Stranger+In+Us+All+1995.jpg

This is one album that I really like that is Dio-less ( haha ).
It actually sounds closer to the first three releases. I bought ticket to see Rainbow on this tour but unfortunately it was canceled and got refunded instead of an alternate date.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

''Nothin's gonna stop me now and nothin' ever will I got the power!''

Rainbow fan might think I'm nuts, but I like post Dio Rainbow better. The early - mid 80's, Joe Lynn Turners years was my favorite era. Fun upbeat rock, compaired to the sometimes dark n' gloomy Dio years. ''Straight Between The Eyes is my favorite album. I also liked ''Down To Earth' with Graham Bonnett.

Here's the classic, Stone Cold

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I have grown founder of that period recently myself but to me it is still all about the Dio era
BECAUSE it was darker and more mystic musically and I much prefer Ronnie's voice as well. To each their own my friend and the Joe Lynn Turner era definitely has some songs I like quite a bit. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

What about this for one of those great hidden gems.:grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocker440

Reaction score

A friendly :bump: with a couple of excellent songs that were included on The Finyl Vinyl double album.

Bad Girl

and.....

Jealous Lover

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I'm really disappointed that RJD didn't get the chance to do one last tour with Richie like the rumors that were going around indicated they might.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.