Queen Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Queen ~ February 2010 Band of the Month

Yeah you're right!!

It has a musical style that could be jewish, but not in all the instrumentation or sounds in general...

Then there's "Allah, Allah, Allah will pray for you"

:bonk:

OK...let's do another tune :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

That is one of the 4 songs on "Hot Space" that are actually good....and coming from me that's not saying a whole lot for Queen on that album....:confused:

How about this? Queen does Little Richard:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I'm not a huge fan of Queen but you know I still recall the day I first set eyes on this album at Bluebird Records on Dundas Street in London some 35 years ago.

89dac060ada02a2bc470c110.L.jpg

Those were the days when independent record shops with their wonderfully eclectic and diverse stock still flourished. Sadly Bluebird Records, which had been such a frequent stop for me coming home from high school, didn't survive past the end of the decade.

:wa:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Aww that's a shame...we need more independents these days, but sadly the corporate world rules the music biz...

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

"Radio Ga Ga" is a great song. I really love their performance of it from Live Aid

So you know all those Queen facts that I posted earlier? Well here's another one...If you go on youtube and click on any video by Queen whether it be a music video, live performance, tribute, interview, or whatever I guarantee within the 20 most recent comments there will be at least one comment that reads something like "ya u r so rite he suk so bad fagit" (what a horrid fragment of letters) or someone saying "queen rox but i wish freddy wasnt gay thatd be great" (both being actually quotes by the by). Music is music and someone sexuality shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not one likes their music. Music is a beautiful thing and it goes in your ear....a penis does not SO it'd be totally wicked awesome if where it goes instead wouldn't constantly be drug into the domain of music since they have no rightful place being associated with each other first and foremost.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

I love all their songs and an excellent piece you've written Cosmic!

My favourite song is "I've Got To Break Free".

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Thank you Sunny.

Though...um.....I believe you mean "I Want To Break Free", which is one of my top Queen songs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online