Hemina (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
''Hemina are a 4 piece Progressive Metal band from Sydney, Australia. The band's sound has been described as a unique combination of hard hitting syncopated grooves, lush synth backwashes, multi-part vocal harmonies, memorable leads with a focus on songwriting and emotion.''

Genre - Progressive Metal
Location - Sydney, Australia

Discography
As We Know It (EP) (2010)
Synthetic (2012)
Nebulae (2014)
Venus (2016)
Night Echoes (2019)
Romancing The Ether (2023)

Current Line-Up
Douglas Skene - Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards
Mitch Coull - Vocals, Guitars
Jessica Martin - Vocals, Bass
Nathan McMahon - Vocals, Drums

I first discovered them around the time they released the epic Venus album in 2016 and was hooked instantly. The way they can just compile these musical layers together with the focus on the songs conveying a lot of emotion is something I always love in prog bands. It does take several listens of each album to truly grasp the beauty of their songwriting as far as discovering every layer whether it's the synths, the heavier and faster prog sections, the harmonies and multi part vocals especially the shared dynamic with the female and male vocals. They recently released the one song album Romancing The Ether which is another wonderful addition to an already varied discography. They are an extremely underrated Australian band that deserves to be heard by a lot more people.

Some Videos
Revelations

Flicker

The Collective Unconsciousness

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
new to me, @Riff Raff . I like the videos posted, especially Collective Unconsciousness.

I hate to judge any band from just a couple songs, I like to dive into full albums to get an overall feel. Where to start?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
new to me, @Riff Raff . I like the videos posted, especially Collective Unconsciousness.

I hate to judge any band from just a couple songs, I like to dive into full albums to get an overall feel. Where to start?
I'd probably start with the Venus album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online