Queen Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Queen ~ February 2010 Band of the Month

Did the other members ever comment publicly about Freddie's sexuality? I'm honestly just curious if it was always left alone by the band or if they ever actually had something to say!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well not counting "Queen's Greatest Hits", "News Of The World" is tied with "The Game" in terms of album sales IN THE UNITED STATES, whereas their highest selling studio album worldwide is actually their final album "Made In Heaven".

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Okay thanks you have reaffirmed my faith the the order of the universe, as far as Queen is concerned anyway.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Did the other members ever comment publicly about Freddie's sexuality? I'm honestly just curious if it was always left alone by the band or if they ever actually had something to say!

Nope. They never did. Freddie was very protective of his privacy and Brain, John, and Rodger all respected that. Freddie "officially" came out simultaneously with his confirmation that he had AIDS the day before he died. I use quotation marks around "officially" because Freddie never once denied that he was gay. In fact, in one interview in the mid 70's Freddie stated "I'm as gay as a daffodil darling.". Though I should mention that while Freddie never said that he was gay, he did on some rare occasions claim to be bisexual.

Okay thanks you have reaffirmed my faith the the order of the universe, as far as Queen is concerned anyway.

Glad I could help. :grinthumb

Reaction score

Insane OP Cosmic!:)

Crazy Little Thing Called Love is about the extent of my Queen listening and I'll leave it at that:tongue:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Nope. They never did. Freddie was very protective of his privacy and Brain, John, and Rodger all respected that. Freddie "officially" came out simultaneously with his confirmation that he had AIDS the day before he died. I use quotation marks around "officially" because Freddie never once denied that he was gay. In fact, in one interview in the mid 70's Freddie stated "I'm as gay as a daffodil darling.". Though I should mention that while Freddie never said that he was gay, he did on some rare occasions claim to be bisexual.

That's what I thought! Thanks Cosmic! I respect that because it means that the band and the culture at the time just cared about the music. Nowadays it's cool that artist can come out without flack but honestly it's just as much as a career move as it is about the music now! Everyone knew Elton was gay but he was another who didn't feel it was important enough to come out in a magazine about. I think that all personal information about a person should come out through the art as most peoples personalities do. Queens music was flamboyant and the band had an androgyny to it that was all a part of the art! Oh, and they rocked hard too! I love that about the band! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Insane OP Cosmic!:)

Crazy Little Thing Called Love is about the extent of my Queen listening and I'll leave it at that:tongue:

Well Queen had a tough fight against the Coop to win this month so I say they earned it. ;)

And to think, that song was pretty much an accident. :tongue:

That's what I thought! Thanks Cosmic! I respect that because it means that the band and the culture at the time just cared about the music. Nowadays it's cool that artist can come out without flack but honestly it's just as much as a career move as it is about the music now! Everyone knew Elton was gay but he was another who didn't feel it was important enough to come out in a magazine about. I think that all personal information about a person should come out through the art as most peoples personalities do. Queens music was flamboyant and the band had an androgyny to it that was all a part of the art! Oh, and they rocked hard too! I love that about the band! :grinthumb

I agree, but times change for both the better and worse. Hopefully because time have changed I'll be the first trans rockstar. :grinthumb

Reaction score

Well Queen had a tough fight against the Coop to win this month so I say they earned it. ;)

And to think, that song was pretty much an accident. :tongue:

I always love it when the songs that almost didn't make it on the record turn out to be great.... Free Falling from TP started out as a joke, and now look:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online