Queen Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Re: Queen ~ February 2010 Band of the Month

Yeahhh Cosmic Harmony, a very good written and interesting piece. Well done :tup:

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

In late 1970 Staffell left smile to join the band Humpy Bong.

In the 90's me and my buddies did a string of 'bad career moves in music' when we were hanging out... play albums and spot the members who left bands who were or later became hugely succesful to seek their fortunes in bands that subsequently tanked....

This guy would definately be in the Top 3 had we known of him! :lmao:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

In the 90's me and my buddies did a string of 'bad career moves in music' when we were hanging out... play albums and spot the members who left bands who were or later became hugely succesful to seek their fortunes in bands that subsequently tanked....

This guy would definately be in the Top 3 had we known of him! :lmao:

I think it's very hard to think of Queen with any different of a lineup...I'm sure they still would've been a big deal, but John Deacon was a very important member of Queen and a very skilled bassist in his time.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I think it's very hard to think of Queen with any different of a lineup...I'm sure they still would've been a big deal, but John Deacon was a very important member of Queen and a very skilled bassist in his time.

I know and I agree - my point was that Staffel probably shouldn't have left Smile for a band called Humpy Bong... :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I know and I agree - my point was that Staffel probably shouldn't have left Smile for a band called Humpy Bong... :D

Yeah. Just from the name "Humpy Bong".....it doesn't sound like something I would ever want to listen to.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

So what are some of everyone's favorite albums and/or songs?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

:omg: What an epic writeup Cosmic! I love these marathon threads where you can tell that someone is truly off the wall obsessed with a band! Great job! :grinthumb

As far as my favorite songs, they are sadly predictable as Bohemian Rhapsody is my favorite followed by We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions, Another One Bites The Dust ans Under pressure.

I've got a question about "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"! Was Freddy Mercury trying to do his best version of Elvis on that track or am I totally off the mark? :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well thank you. I thought my writeup was mighty grand. I was thoroughly surprised when I exceeded the character limit and had to break it up into two posts. :heheh:

Actually, "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" was written almost entirely on accident. The story goes that Freddie Mercury just started to play guitar once in the studio (a Telecaster) and he only knew three chords so he just used what he knew and the core of the song came out. John Deacon and Roger Taylor contribute bass and drum parts. A half hour later when Brian May got to the studio they had practically finished recording the song and he barely managed to record the guitar solo, which he had to use Mercury's Telecaster and wasn't too thrilled about it. He hadn't brought his Red Special because he didn't think they would be recording anything that day.

But, for the record, Freddie was quite the fan of Elvis, which one can see is the main influence in how the song turned out.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I bow to your knowledge about all things to do with Queen Cosmic.:bow:

I was really really surprised to find out how massive Queen was in England. I had a big argy bargy with a mod in a forum two years ago and said News of the World was not the biggest selling album, then he said yes it was, it went back and forth for a while but eventually I gave up. Then I looked up some info and found out I was right, but those were my neophyte days in forum warfare...oops I mean discussions of course.:D

What is the largest selling Queen album Cosmic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.