Midler Says Lady Gaga Ripped Off Her Mermaid Character

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Britney has been around the music universe 12+ years now. I do have a bit more respect for her than I do Ga Ga.

LG, that parody is about Lady Ga Ga being from outerspace....very cute :D

I'll take your word for it, I am listening to Led Zeppelin right now though.:D

Britney is still around, but she is no longer at the Pinnacle of the Pop Princess's...that torch has been passed on now.

I prefer Britney to Gaga as well, I have One of her songs on a Grammy compilation album.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I prefer Britney to Gaga as well, I have One of her songs on a Grammy compilation album.:D

:omg:

Can't believe you actually fessed up to that!!

I do like Britney's sexy cover of the Rolling Stones "Satisfaction". I don't think Britney has lost her princess crown just yet, she is still popular with the tweens around here......there is a college dorm house that is named in her behalf "oops we did it again" house.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
She's not active enough anymore. at least not nearly as much as a few years ago. Life at the top of that particular Pyramid is short, before the next flavor of the month comes along.

Madonna, reptile or not has outlasted all her rivals, but she's like a Matriarch now more than a Pop Princess.:D

I bought that Grammy album for one song, but there are 4 tunes that are okay, including Britney's single.

However, I must have 6 :hab: before listening to that CD.

:lmao:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh God build me a time machine so I can take Selena away from Justin Bieber..
195799_213618441993882_4252202_n.jpg

Didn't preview this song but I'm guessing it's your typical young girl pop whirly twirly song about a boy they are falling for..
And they called it puppy love!!!:rolleyes:

I have never heard of Selena yet. Just shows how up-to-date I am on the flavor of the month club.....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^She's got a TV show, "Wizard's of Waverly Place" I think it's called, produced by Disney. Soon she will leave the show and go out into the music world just like Christine and Britney before her, with the might of the Disney Corporation behind her.

I've never heard her sing, but no doubt she'll be successful the formula seems to be foolproof these days.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
When I think of a performer in a Mermaid costume *also in a wheelchair* on stage, I think of the Devine Miss M (Bette Midler).

I know this is all trivial as far as props and costumes go, but if Cher could come up with some hot rocking costumes, so can Lady Ga Ga. She needs to get better designers and kick her manager in the ass. She has made it big enough now that I would think there is enough money in the Ga Ga empire to come up something more original than a mermaid :rolleyes:

Yes, That's what I was getting at Magic:grinthumb

At this point..she could do something REALLY unique..come out on stage dressed as ///Herself ? ..Jeans ,a top. and some Nikes ? And just belt out some songs ? No one would expect it ?:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, That's what I was getting at Magic:grinthumb

At this point..she could do something REALLY unique..come out on stage dressed as ///Herself ? ..Jeans ,a top. and some Nikes ? And just belt out some songs ? No one would expect it ?:D

Do you remember all that controversy a couple years back when Ga Ga rolled on stage on a motorcycle and a "winkie" flopped out of her mini skirt???

With that kind of tacky publicity stunt, I hardly doubt she would have the good taste Cher had on stage. And you are right, if Ga Ga would show up in jeans and a T no one would see THAT one coming

:lmao:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
You guys are relentless. :(

I think LG harbors some secret longing for the other LG. :think:

Admit it! :heheh:

But in all seriousness, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I happen to like Gaga (her stuff makes for some awesome workout music, let me tell you). Like I said before, generational gaps do play a role I think. I don't know many people over 30 that like her in all honesty. Her not being original in her costume choices has no bearing on my opinion of her since I just like her music. And like I said before, LZ took a lashing in the 70's along these lines and people still loved them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Staff online

Members online