Lady Gaga wants to be the next Iron Maiden

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Lady-Gaga-and-Eddie-the-Head-630x420.jpg

Lady Gaga has never been content to be seen as just another pop star. In fact, as she recently told CR Fashion Book, she’s trying to build her legacy out of heavy metal.

Sporting an Iron Maiden T-shirt for her interview photo shoot, Gaga pointed out, “They’re one of the greatest rock bands in history, in my opinion. Some people really don’t know the importance of metal and the scope of it. Those guys were filling stadiums, and they still are. And it’s because of the culture of the music, the poetry that’s so powerful, that whenever the fans come together, they unite in the essence of what Iron Maiden is all about.”

To that end, Gaga has always put a lot of effort into encouraging and helping develop her community of fans, affectionately dubbed “Litle Monsters,” and has been among the savviest and most enthusiastic artists to embrace the celebrity-fan connections fostered via social media. As she explained, it’s all about building that sense of musical identity that many metal fans — and their favorite bands — seem to enjoy: “I always used to say to people when they would say, ‘Oh, she’s the next Madonna‘ — ‘No, I’m the next Iron Maiden.’”

The real Maiden don’t seem to be in any hurry to pass the torch: The band’s new album, the two-LP set The Book of Souls, is due Sept. 4, with a major world tour reportedly to follow.

Read More: Lady Gaga Wants to Be the 'Next Iron Maiden' | Lady Gaga Wants to Be the 'Next Iron Maiden'

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The fact she likes Iron Maiden gives me a little respect for her I didn't have.

But I don't think she can do anything that will make her be like IM.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who honestly gives a ****ing shit? lol
Its just an excuse for people to go off on tangents bashing her for so called lack of talent.
I may not like anything about her music but I won't say she's talentless either.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I actually have a lot of respect for her where I didn't originally. I don't have any of her music nor do I plan on getting any, but I think she has a lot of talent and I give her credit for trying different things.

Lady Stardust

Reaction score
I don't get from this that she wants to be the same musically as Iron Maiden (though if she take inspiration from them, It would not be a terrible thing). She seems to be saying that she wants to make music and be the kind of performer that the fans really connect with, devoted fans that will come to a show because they really enjoy her, not because of her star status.

-Diana

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I don't get from this that she wants to be the same musically as Iron Maiden (though if she take inspiration from them, It would not be a terrible thing). She seems to be saying that she wants to make music and be the kind of performer that the fans really connect with, devoted fans that will come to a show because they really enjoy her, not because of her star status.

-Diana

Exactly right!

I like Gaga. Her music is not what I normally listen to, but I like some of her songs and most of all, I like her voice. Her album with Tony Bennett is a fun record btw.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online