Lady Gaga will Record with Metallica in 2019?

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
https://metro.co.uk/2017/04/02/meta...wDHllKlPyq18lhm0-s4jxxMrnBSBzzjgpeBpNuoMAwIOk

Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett tweeted about plans for the band’s collaboration with the Bad Romance singer at the weekend, going as far as saying that the album is planned for release in early 2019. His admission came about when he responded to a fan’s question on the social networking site. According to MetalDen.com, he replied ‘Gaga is gonna kill em all in the studio when she sings for us’, when asked about the possibility of a collab on the album – set to be called The White Album.

However, the comment was apparently swiftly deleted by the Metallica star, fueling gossip that the singer is already lined up for a recording session with the band. It caused quite a stir but it seems it was all part of an April Fool’s gag Hammett decided to pull on his fans, although he’s not publicly acknowledged that it was.

Plans for the two acts to work together again then came to surface when the rock band said she was the ‘quintessential perfect fifth member’ in an interview with Rolling Stone.

Drummer Lars Ulrich said: ‘She is the quintessential perfect fifth member of this band. Her voice, her attitude, her outlook on everything is so awesome. ‘The performance was so effortless and organic and she just has the spirit of hard rock and metal flowing through her veins.’
He continued: ‘It comes really easy for her. There’s nothing contrived; she just has this super warm, easy energy.'

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Well, here's one thing to go think about.

They did an album with Lou Reed. They also made St. Anger.

Is there any way on earth that this could be worse than either of those two albums? I'm not saying that I want to hear it. I don't. I can't stand LG. I have zero desire to hear this if it happens. However, it can't possibly be worse than Lulu or S.A.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
If it's horrible, blame Metallica! :cool:

Lady Gaga is a superb singer. I'm not a fan of her own pop music, but she's great on her record with Tony Bennett and of course the soundtrack to "A Star Is Born".

I'm not a fan either, but I will grudgingly admit that she is killer on a piano too..

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
You guys know that story is from April 4th, right? It even mentions in the story the possibility it was an April Fool's joke from Kirk.

If there's any truth to it, one or two songs with Gaga might not be terrible. She tore it up on stage with them at the Grammys. She has talent even though she doesn't do anything I would listen to.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys know that story is from April 4th, right? It even mentions in the story the possibility it was an April Fool's joke from Kirk.

If there's any truth to it, one or two songs with Gaga might not be terrible. She tore it up on stage with them at the Grammys. She has talent even though she doesn't do anything I would listen to.
I agree. Gaga has talent whether people want to admit it or not. I would actually be open to such a project. Lulu was garbage, St Anger too but on its merits this has potential (joke or not). I think the whole metal fans bashing on pop stars thing has gotten tired and old personally.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online