Lady Gaga wants to be the next Iron Maiden

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm 100% on board with that if she wants to put her money where her mouth is and play some metal!

Otherwise... Sorry Gaga but I don't think you're going to be able to build a metal community around your pop music. I love pop music, I love metal, two different kinds of things. And yeah Gaga's fanbase is very strong but honestly if there's a fanbase in the pop world that's closer to the devotion you get from a metal audience it would probably be Taylor Swift.

Taylor started in the country community which is another strong community similar to metal. She also goes above and beyond for her friends (doing absurd things like buying them dinner when she sees them on the street) and her fans started very young but her music evolved as they aged so they have that connection of having grown up with it, but they can still listen to it today without feeling childish. So that's kind of a perfect storm of a fanbase, a lot of weird scenarios that just happened to work out.

The thing about metal is that it's not just about one band it's also about the metal community. Pop music doesn't really have that, not in the same way. IMHO if Gaga wants to start something like that she needs to branch out into other genres. Some rock, or some country, or (probably more reasonable for her) some EDM. Then she can start a wider community with her music, I think.''

All that being said, I do think Gaga could be like Iron Maiden in that in 30 years she could still have her super diehard fanbase that goes out to every show. That's on her if she can win that kind of devotion, it's definitely not guaranteed but it's possible.

JimJam

Reaction score
I don't know what she is stretching for. She was last seen with Tony Bennett performing the American Songbook and now it's metal? She seems to be slumming in whatever strikes her current fancy. Maybe next she'll join Steven Tyler for a country duet album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online