Katy Perry (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I know this has been around for a while, but it deserves to be passed along again. ;)

577746_373098862732453_736621954_n.jpg

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
So anybody gonna see Katy's new movie??

Concert films really aren't my thing. I LISTEN to music, not watch it.... But I love Katy so I think I'll see this anyway. Going to the theater is a good excuse to take a nice 2-hour walk on a beautiful summer day. :)

Since it covers her history, I hope it shows some of her music with The Matrix. Come to think of it, will there be a soundtrack album? I really wish her material with The Matrix was available!!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I probably will wait for the DVD release but from what I've seen of Katy, she seems like a really sweet, down to earth woman. She seems to love kids a lot too. It makes me like her even more!

There have been a lot of concert films lately, it seems.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
There have been a lot of concert films lately, it seems.

Truth, there. I saw the Glee movie and found it pretty boring. Neil Young even has a new concert movie I'm not going to see (although it's probably not showing anywhere around here in the first place).

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Gotta say, I loved it. Wish he did the whole song. If you're familiar with the show, do they ever record studio versions of some of the tracks they did on the program?

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
CH is going to cream me for this one. :D

In my endless efforts to **** my greatest musical guilty pleasure, I give you... Katy Perry singing Queen! :heheh:

It's not the greatest, in fact it's quite horrible... but I had to post it. :grinthumb

Well, it was good and bad. Good that it made me want to listen to Queen. Bad that it felt like an ice pick in my ear on a couple of notes.

Gotta give credit, though. She tried to sing Freddie live, with no help, in front of people. That takes guts. Or a bunch of booze, like that guy singing Bohemian Rhapsody in the back of the police car.

I wanna be Mrs. Katy Perry. :oyea:

^^I have the same thing, only with Avril.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Gotta say, I loved it. Wish he did the whole song. If you're familiar with the show, do they ever record studio versions of some of the tracks they did on the program?

I don't think so AAG simply because unlike Idol they are a variety show and music acts are only part of what they show. I only just started watching the show because of Stern judging but it's a refreshing change from Idol for the simple fact that there's always something different to see. :)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion, that some female pop artist especially Katy Perry are living out the Barbi Doll dream. Seriously.. her hair color.. the video's and clothes and whole image reminds me of a live Barbi Doll..
This video by her really amped up my belief. I liked the song and thought the story line was cool, but really does convince me some girls want to live like Barbi does..

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Hmmm... What does the Barbie lifestyle entail? I thought Barbie was more about being an idyllic teen. I'd say this vid looks like Katy wants to be in Pan's Labyrinth or another fantasy movie. Have they ever released a fantasy-themed Barbie?? They probably made this vid to tie in with all the fantasy stories in vogue lately like Once Upon a Time or Snow White and the Huntsman.

Katy's aesthetic to me is more about innocence and sugar drops and gummy bears and fantasy stories. At her show they had a recurring storyline reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland or The Wizard of Oz, where she gets lost down a rabbit hole of sorts and has to find her way back home. I thought Barbie was more about being the cheerleader popular girl but I'm not that familiar with Barbie tbh.

If Barbie is just about living the dream life in general then that definitely fits Katy.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online