ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
katy_perry300.jpg

Katy Perry Official Website

Discography:

2001 Katy Hudson
2008 One of the Boys
2010 Teenage Dream

I'm going to go ahead and do the inevitable here and post a Katy Perry thread and not care what anyone thinks to the contrary. :heheh:

As some of you may know, my music preferences are at the heart very much pop-influenced (probably due to Madge being my earliest music memory) and I've always had a fondness for catchy pop tunes and those artists who can produce them at a rapid pace are good in my book.

Add to that being smoking hot and you have Katy Perry, someone I used to loathe but have come to appreciate for her catchy tunes and hawtness. She actually has a nice set of pipes too!

So here's a random assortment of Katy's most famous tunes. I don't expect much of a response on a classic rock forum but I'm just going to be me and show my corny side on this one. :tongue:

My favorite Katy song (that also has a shat ton of great remixes):

E.T.

Firework :bow: Awesomeness.

Teenage Dream

Hot N' Cold

Waking Up in Vegas

And finally, the song that is beloved by every female who has ever experienced a ********** fantasy...

I Kissed a Girl

Now that I have this off of my chest I can finally go on with my life. :oyea:

Last edited by a moderator:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Katy Perry, my pop music girl crush

I'm perfectly fine with admitting that I am a fan of hers. Don't listen to her a lot recently, but I do like listening to her.

I'm also perfectly fine admitting that I know every word to Hot n Cold.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Katy Perry: my pop music girl crush

I'm a big fan of her rack. In that picture at the top is epic. :bow:

WHAT!?

As for her music, I can listen to some of it, but I haven't really warmed up to a lot of it. That fireworks song and her big break song (Kissed a Girl) are two songs that I definitely don't care for. Hot'n'Cold and Teenage Dream are ok though.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

You don't like Firework? :finger:

I was jamming to her stuff in the car today. She's also good for workout music.

I wanna be Mrs. Katy Perry. :oyea:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

You don't like Firework? :finger:

her singing style in that song really reminds me of someone who is overusing autotune. Even if she's not using it at all, it just has that sound/feel to it and that's the biggest reason.

I wanna be Mrs. Katy Perry. :oyea:
the two of you would make a MUCH cuter couple than that idiot she's married to.

:****:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

A very pretty Katy song. I think Sooty may even like this one. :D

Not Like the Movies

That fan-made video is too perfect!

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I dig on Katy Perry but big surprise, right? :D I actually think she makes better and more diverse music than Lady Gaga. She definitely uses her singing voice better regardless of Gaga's potential to do so if she wanted to. Katy's music is just as dancable regardless so in the world of pop stars I think she's more talented.

I've had the "One of the Boys" album for a long time and just got "Teenage Dream" a month or so ago. "Lost" is another nice ballad by Katy, Jen. :grinthumb One thing that disappointed me was the "E.T." version on the album doesn't have Kanye on it. :wtf: E.T. BTW sounds like something T.A.T.U could of sang if anyone remembers them. Anyway, talented artist for her genre and a good listen when you are in the mood for something fun and bouncy (maybe I need a different word choice here! :heheh:). :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.