Katy Perry (Official Thread)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I don't get the Barbie Doll thing in general. Knees & elbows don't bend. Always on tiptoe. That's gotta be uncomfortable.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I like Katy's image personally. It appeals to a very large fanbase, everyone from young girls to women. It's a smart move on her part (if it was strategic). Where Lady Gaga is more edgy, Katy seems more down to earth and relatable.

Not sure if I posted this yet. I LOVE this song. I honestly didn't even realize there was a video to go along with it, because I started getting into her music after the release of Teenage Dream and this is from One of the Boys, and I hardly ever watch MTV (or any video network, for that matter). :grinthumb

Thinking of You

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
^That is a pretty good song. I really like the overlapping harmonies at the end of Hot and Cold.

I like her ok enough. I think it's refreshing that, while she obviously has the tools to play the vamp, she's not at all afraid to act goofy in her videos.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Soooooo apparently Katy's bathing suit bottom came off at a water park recently.

Katy tweeted that she deserved a season pass for showing her bum and the theme park actually sent her one, along with a new bathing suit. xD

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Its the least they can do. Free advertising! :D

I'm a little disappointed she's seeing John Mayer now. I like John, but he's a womanizer.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think Mayer is a step up from that bleep Russel Brand...whom I can't stand.

Besides Katy is just having fun, there is no possibility this will last and I'm sure she knows that.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
John Mayer is a great musician, but he already kicked Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Simpson, and Jennifer Aniston out of his bed, so on that basis I give Katie Perry maybe until the weekend at the most, plus he obviously only dates women whose names begin with the letters Je ...my money was on Jennifer Lopez or Jessica Alba next.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
REALLY don't get what women see in that guy. He certainly isn't the most masculine fellow I've ever seen and the music is pretty ..... well, lets just say it's not too palatable to me.

Then again, it's not like Katy is well known for her ability to find a good man. Russell Brand? Possibly the most unfunny assh0le in history. Next to him, Will Ferrell is a comedic genius.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Spot on on every count Lynch, and they all know Mayer's reputation or should by now so we are entering the realm of the greatest mystery on earth...the inner workings of the female mind...:think:

:heheh:

If I were Katy I would take Cyndi Lauper'***** song to heart.

And after she's done with him, dump him before he does the same to her.:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online