Katy Perry (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Y'all got me listening to Unplugged now. Check this one out, so good!

Last edited by a moderator:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Who says pop stars can't be multitalented? She needs to show this side of her work a little more and I think she could really establish herself as a respectable musician! :)

I never saw the special. Got a link to the full thing?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'd recommend picking up the CD-DVD version as I think it's worth it. But I think you can watch them all on MTV's page! :D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Here ya go, AAG... it's the artwork for Teenage Dream: the Complete Confection. We should be expecting a release on March 26! :)

Katy_Perry_Teenage_Dream_The_Complete_Confection.png

Also, I don't watch Raising Hope normally, but I may have to on the 6th to see Katy's appearance. It's supposed to be highlarious! She's barely recognizable here.

katy-perry-raising-hope-stills.jpg

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Not really a pop/ katy perry fan, but i can see she has talent, and shes into Hinduism or Buddhism or w/e, yet she isnt the sterotypical musician who thinks they have found "zen" and make it their mission to prove he/she has achieved self-enlightenment. very condescending. i like that she isnt like that :D and i hear shes like adele with the charity work not being taped, actually nice irl, etc. generally an awesome person on and off stage, i can get down to that. Making pop music a slightly less generic genre since 2001

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
From what I've heard, Katy has had her share of "diva" moments but I won't discredit her for that. Maybe she was having a bad day or two, because from what I've seen personally she seems like a sweet gal, and she even frequents children/teen shows (Sesame Street, Kids' Choice Awards) which makes her likeable to more than just one age group, and is a GREAT business move on her part in my opinion.

Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection is a nice little re-release, with all of the original material from Teenage Dream, 3 new tracks, two remixes and a megamix at the end. It's currently in the car as my "driving music" of choice. :D I can't find any YouTube vids of the new songs though, without the pitch of the song being altered or the song being sped up a little. :uh:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Finally got the Complete Confection tracks on my new pop compilation! I only make these compis every couple months so I had to wait a while haha... I'm such an album junkie that I don't d/l just random songs they have to be composed into a finite playlist. A legacy of my rock upbringing, no doubt. =P

The megamix really sucks... lmao. Almost all the songs just use the same instrumentation from the original, with a wildly mediocre beat thrown underneath. There is sooo much more they could have done with it. Remind me never to listen to Tommie Sunshine or whoever, because if Dave Aude or Passion Pit had been given this task it would have been unparalleled in its beauty.

But the other new songs are AH-MAYZINGG. I am completely obsessed with Part Of Me, it's like the ultimate 80s movie working out montage song. I put it on when I'm working out and I forget that I don't have to fight the Cobra Kais or something. Dressin' Up and Wide Awake are totally excellent, too. I'm quite impressed, I figured they'd be mediocre Teenage Dream outtakes but I guess with an album on Teenage Dream's level you can't expect mediocrity. They have a little bit of their own feel and they don't feel like outtakes at all.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
I have much love for anyone who has both katy perry and metallica in their top 20 artists <3 opposite ends of the spectrum in mainstream music imo.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I have much love for anyone who has both katy perry and metallica in their top 20 artists <3 opposite ends of the spectrum in mainstream music imo.

Hahaha, thankies. <3 I was just... um, born this way?? :x

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
But the other new songs are AH-MAYZINGG. I am completely obsessed with Part Of Me, it's like the ultimate 80s movie working out montage song. I put it on when I'm working out and I forget that I don't have to fight the Cobra Kais or something. Dressin' Up and Wide Awake are totally excellent, too. I'm quite impressed, I figured they'd be mediocre Teenage Dream outtakes but I guess with an album on Teenage Dream's level you can't expect mediocrity. They have a little bit of their own feel and they don't feel like outtakes at all.

I love Part of Me. IMO it's better than a lot of the songs on Teenage Dream. Dressin' Up is a pretty sexy song. I read it was recorded in '09, and there's some controversy that Lady Gaga ripped off the music for Electric Chapel from Born This Way from Katy's song. I guess we'll never know, but it seems people like to hound Gaga for lifting these days as much as they did to Led Zeppelin back when.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.