You can only have One...your i-pod or cell phone?

Your i-pod or cell phone?

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's sound reasoning Aero...:D

The reason I asked the question was just out of curiosity, it's well known that i-pods are among the most "Stolen" goods in our part of the world and considering how popular they have become I wondered if the functionality of a more useful device like the cell phone, (Even if it didn't play games or music or movies but just for communication purposes) would outweigh people's attachment to their i-pods.

:grinthumb

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Don't own an I-Pod and never will. Even if I did, it ain't gonna help me one iota if I get a flat tire in the middle of a ghost town with no payphone or houses nearby.

So I voted cellphone.

I said the same back on page one because it happened to my daughter and me. We live in the mountains and a radiator leak stopped the car 20 kms from our destination and 20 kms from where we started, with nothing in between, not even a ghost town.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I said the same back on page one because it happened to my daughter and me. We live in the mountains and a radiator leak stopped the car 20 kms from our destination and 20 kms from where we started, with nothing in between, not even a ghost town.

Agreed. I've had to make 4-5 calls to AAA Auto for a tow or something similar, calls I wouldn't have been able to make without a cellphone.

That said, I talk under 200 minutes a month on mine (both incoming and outgoing calls), so it is mostly used to reach people when I have no other phone available.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Gotta have my i-pod, I would go nuts without my portable music.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
if it's between an iPod and an iPhone, I'll say no-thank-I, for iWill not support iPple or anything riLated to iTunes.

Take me back to the iCave plz.

But if it's an mp3 player vs a real cell phone, I'll take the phone. More versatility and much more practical uses (including many now can play songs, videos, browse the internet, as well as (wait for it)... make PHONE CALLS).

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
I'll go with Ipod. I've got it for free, and it was Nano 5G model, so he's ultraslim and probably the best model ever released in Ipod series, cause it doesn't have that retarded touchscreen like Nano 6G, it has camera, clickwheel, great sound quality and even a speaker. I'd prefer cellphone if I have Iphone, but since I don't, and have low memory on my cellphone Ipod win this.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have to ask in general if anyone uses their portable devices to actually watch a movie.

I mean I can't for the life of me ever see myself on a bus or in a waiting room with my ear-buds on and "Watching" a movie on my i-pod or cell phone.

Seriously the screen is so small I find the concept laughable, playing the simplest of games might be alright but for watching movies or sports or tv shows I would simply record them at home and watch them later.

Sometimes I think half the crap they stuff into these phones etc., is just for a gimmick to generate interest.

Although I hate them with a passion that is almost holy, I can see an i-pad or one of the other tablets being a lot better for that...but then again you have to be part of the "cloud" to use those things, and that is a story for another thread/rant...:nw:

:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I have to ask in general if anyone uses their portable devices to actually watch a movie.

I mean I can't for the life of me ever see myself on a bus or in a waiting room with my ear-buds on and "Watching" a movie on my i-pod or cell phone.

Seriously the screen is so small I find the concept laughable, playing the simplest of games might be alright but for watching movies or sports or tv shows I would simply record them at home and watch them later.

Sometimes I think half the crap they stuff into these phones etc., is just for a gimmick to generate interest.

Although I hate them with a passion that is almost holy, I can see an i-pad or one of the other tablets being a lot better for that...but then again you have to be part of the "cloud" to use those things, and that is a story for another thread/rant...:nw:

:D

I agree with you 100% LG! I don't even like watching movies on a portable DVD player of the biggest screen variety. To me it makes a whole Hell of a lot more sense to have music be portable than any visual medium of entertainment! :bonk:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online