Would Rock Exist and in what form.

Sunfist

Reaction score
Question (not an original one I am afraid). Would rock exist and what would it be like if Blues and Jazz didn't exist? I could be wrong but early rock sounded like it was pulling a lot of stuff from the blues in particular and jazz as well. Could something akin to modern rock have come about without those two idioms to draw from?
There is a poll in another area of the forums asking who the greatest rock guitar player ever was. I'd argue that a lot of what they are playing was originally played by the likes of Robert Johnson and Son House. SO maybe they should get the title. They created a lot of this right off the top of their heads, playing in the Juke Joints of the day.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Rock certainly boasted heavy blues influence,but the jazz thing was there as well as many classic rock drummers were duly inspired by jazz drummers,mostly Gene Krupa.Rock is not a primary brand of music.Jazz and blues are,but not rock.It is comprised of a few different elements.it's kinda like there are primary colors and ones that are combos of others(orange is red and yellow,etc.....)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online