Am I Soft Rock & R&B?

Mannie

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I'm a musican who is trying to understand the genre of Soft Rock. I've been told that my genre is Soft Rock & R&B, but I'm not sure what soft rock is. So please I would appreciate it if you could listen to the track below & comment on whether I'm soft rock & r&b. Thank you in advance.

E-Z

Reaction score
I would call The Eagles a 'soft rock' band especially there albums before Joe Walsh joined in 1975 although even after Joe joined overall I would classify them as predominantly 'soft rock' also AOR (Adult Orientated Rock)

Last edited:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I'm a musican who is trying to understand the genre of Soft Rock. I've been told that my genre is Soft Rock & R&B, but I'm not sure what soft rock is. So please I would appreciate it if you could listen to the track below & comment on whether I'm soft rock & r&b. Thank you in advance.
You know, in my opinion, your song - is pure R'n'B (with obviously soul-based vocal style). I think that "soft-rock" - it's something similar to Toto, The Doobie Brothers or Air Supply...

Mannie

Reaction score
You know, in my opinion, your song - is pure R'n'B (with obviously soul-based vocal style). I think that "soft-rock" - it's something similar to Toto, The Doobie Brothers or Air Supply...
Thank you for commenting. You're always good at describing music.

I would call The Eagles a 'soft rock' band especially there albums before Joe Walsh joined in 1975 although even after Joe joined overall I would classify them as predominantly 'soft rock' also AOR (Adult Orientated Rock)

Thank you. I love The Eagles. I hear Lionel Richie was R&B & Soft Rock. As well as Phil Collins.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online