I Love This Song: “Us and Them”

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Another cover... (runs.... for cover!!)
you-what-the-****.gif

Old Nick

Reaction score
Apart from buying it three times in two years(I kept using thumb tacks in all the posters and cards inside!)... Us And Them proves sheer talent of Richard Wright and the power one can achieve in an anti war song... Dick Parry on tenor sax, ties it all in.. he was a Cambridge buddy with Floyd since time (worked with Rory Gallagher and Paice Ashton and Lord etc.. )
The "short sharp shock" I remember was a phrase first coined by Tory MP Willie Whitelaw... basically describing harsh and Borstal youth correction facilities for troublesome kids(to which I was a guest for nine months!)... Then to hear it on this album... brought a smirk-if not a wry smile.
Extending the topic.. this
From D
ub Side Of The Moon.
It is amazing and very interesting to know the history from the experiences of people who were there and at that time.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Hi.. Magic.. Guess what?? I LOVE you grabbed the DSOTM LP.. or whatever it is now..
US and Them was a solid track off the album back when it came out..My experience was listening, to the beginning track with headphones on at a friends house and it blew me away at how much you could be close to the album without being in a concert seat.
This album packed a punch to young brains who had the fear of drugs preached to them or misinformation that it was a drug related album..
GROW UP and realize it was far more than that..
It's a journey through life.. A constant reminder of what we overlook as people.
A simple plan to everything in a musical book..
The Great Gig In The Sky .. is the key to life..
People still connect to this song all over the world..
This is a example of a Buskar who preforms on a street in Vancover.. This girl is not with him..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@Slipn

i love that the music is moving that girl in the video. She is feeling the music, and that’s awesome!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online