What was your favorite concert of all time and why?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Three years ago Waters toured here, but he was not doing his Wall tour, just his solo material supporting his latest album.

I don't think I'll ever get to see him do the Wall live, but the DVD's are good enough and will have to do I guess.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
So many to choose from....but I guess I will pick the The Ozark Music Festival / July 1974 in Sedalia, Mo.

Bachman Turner Overdrive
Blue Öyster Cult
The Eagles
America
Marshall Tucker Band
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Boz Scaggs
Ted Nugent
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band
Joe Walsh and Barnstorm
The Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Charlie Daniels Band
Aerosmith
REO Speedwagon
Spirit

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
There have been many I've seen with the exception of my fav band so to single one out would be difficult.

Saw Pink Floyd play "The Wall" at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena in 1980. It was mind-blowing. Of course, I had some added help chemically which enhanced the experience. LOL.

Second would be The Rolling Stones at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in 1989 during their "Steel Wheels" tour. Guns 'N Roses opened for them. Living Colour was also on the bill as the first act. Clapton joined Jagger and co. onstage for "Little Red Rooster"...

Queen during their "Hot Space" tour at The Forum, Los Angeles circa 1982. Probably the best live act I ever saw. Mercury was an amazing front man.

Rockperson

Reaction score
Probably my favourite concert was when I saw the Eagles in 2001.

My brother and I were looking at each other thinking those guitar parts by Steuart Smith were note for note perfect, we were loving it.

Other than, Iron Maiden at Donington Monsters Of Rock 1988, they were absolutely brilliant, too many shows I`ve been to where the band goes through the motions and some of the solos are nothing like the record, Maiden were bang on.

Syd

Reaction score
I've been to a whole lot of concerts in the past few years. But this week was the best concert ever. I saw Paul McCartney in the National Stadium here, for something like 50,000 people. It was beautiful. I cried from begginning to end and it was so emotional I don't think concerts will ever be the same.

fielding

Reaction score
No doubt for me so far was Rush, both times in Kansas City and Nashville this past year. Played everything you'd expect...and then some.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Rush for me as well, saw them in 2008 in Regina and they were just incredible. All three members are true masters of their instruments, and to say I was in awe is a major understatement. If you are even a slight fan and they come to your city, go check them out...you will not be disappointed.

fielding

Reaction score
ZZ Top was really good to me. They looked like walking zombies on stage but they still sounded the same as it did on the albums. Played everything and a couple of Jimi Hendrix songs as well.

tommyleeselbow

Reaction score
Rush in Dublin last week was a close second to my best ever gig - Queen in Wembley in 1986. I saw them at Knebworth a few weeks later at their last ever gig, but the Wembley concert was a better sound as it was more enclosed by the stadium and Freddie was at his magnificent best

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Soundwave festival for sure :bow:

Iron Maiden
Anberlin
Primus
Slash
30 Seconds To Mars
Queens Of The Stone Age
Slayer

And those were just the bands I saw! :D

Find member