What was your favorite concert of all time and why?

Flower

retired
Reaction score
I've been to so many New Orleans Jazzfests ... I've seen Irma Thomas, Dr. John, George Benson, The James Rivers Movement, Better Than Ezra, Marcia Ball, Jimmy Buffet, Bob Dylan and too many other artist to begin to name.

I also loved HippieFest 2007 which included The Zombies & Mountain and HippieFest 2008 which included bptj Eric Burdon & The Animals and Jack Bruce.

A few other favourite concerts ~

Bif Naked ~ 2009
The Tragically Hip ~ 2009
The Zombies ~ 2009
The Moody Blues ~ 2007
Meat Loaf ~ 2007
Genesis ~ 2007
Solomon Burke ~ 2006

And many others but that's all that I have time to list right now.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I've been to many shows & it's really tough to pick a favorite. It's easy for me to say my favorite was my first show ever which was Kiss in 1978 just because it changed my life & helped mold me into Rock & Roll addict I am today.The Concert ticket,2 T-shirts(one was a bootleg shirt I pad 3 bucks for outside), a concert poster,& a tour book all cost me a whopping $22.50!!! The show was explosive & I will always remember every detail of it. The Rockets featuring ex Detroit Wheels Jim McCarty & Johnny Bee Badanjek opened the show
...but was that the best concert I seen????? I don't know.

also near the top would be:

The Who December 4,1979 was a great show & was the day after their tragedy in Cincinati.I had to explain to my parents that the riot in Cinci was caused because tickets were General admission & the Buffalo show was reserved seats. They were hesitant but let me go & I'm glad they did.I was a big fan of the Who & a few months before the show I seen the movie the Kids are Alright at a local movie house & had been primed for the concert.They played everything I expected (even Boris the Spider!) & their stage show was spectacular with lasers.

David Bowie with Rough Trade Toronto September 4th 1983: Bowie had a spectacular show this night & played about 25 tunes spanning his career but what stole the show was when former Spider From Mars guitarist came out & jammed "Jean Genie" for an encore

Alice Cooper Ace Frehley Faster Pussycat Buffalo November 12,1987 : Alice had plenty of blood & gore & cranked out a near perfect setlist with the highlight of the show being a 4 song theatrical medley of "Chop Chop Chop","Gail","Roses on White Lace", & "Only woman Bleed" in which Alice slit the throat of a Prostitute which led to his capture & execution by the Gallows during "Killer".Having Ace Frehley open made the show even more incredible as he rocked his way through songs from his solo career away from Kiss along w/ a couple of Kiss tunes(Cold Gin, Rocket Ride, & Shock Me)

Lou Reed Buffalo September 1986 : Lou was phenominal & played about 2 1/2 hours!

Joan Jett & Chuck Berry 1987: Another of my favorites shows Chuck Berry opened & was amazing. Myself & about 15 other people were brought up onstage during "Roll Over Beethoven". Joan put on a phenominal show as well but I've seen her 11 times & have never been disappointed.Besides covering "Star Star" she played the Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog" for an encore

Other mentions: Rush & Max Webster 1980,AC/DC w/ Pat Travers 1979,Iggy Pop 1991,The Ramones & Forgotten Rebels 1991, & Johnny Thunders with Green Jello February 25,1986

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Rtbuck!

I agree with Foxhound, good writeup!

I enjoy a concert the most when the artist has a good time and seems to enjoy being on stage ... At HippieFest 2007, Corky Laing of Mountain threw me the first of many drumsticks .. he had so much fun tossing the drumsticks .. showing off that he could this without missing a beat ... :grinthumb

Colin Blunstone of the Zombies .. smiles as he sings and is so relaxed on stage .. you can tell that he's happy to be there.

gguerra

Reaction score
Rolling Stones Tattoo You Tour
Dallas Cotton Bowl. Back to Back dates Oct 31 and Nov 1 1981
Each concert had attendance approaching 100,000 people. It was "Off the Charts!"
I was 18

rtbuck

Reaction score
Rtbuck!

I agree with Foxhound, good writeup!

I enjoy a concert the most when the artist has a good time and seems to enjoy being on stage ... At HippieFest 2007, Corky Laing of Mountain threw me the first of many drumsticks .. he had so much fun tossing the drumsticks .. showing off that he could this without missing a beat ... :grinthumb

Colin Blunstone of the Zombies .. smiles as he sings and is so relaxed on stage .. you can tell that he's happy to be there.

I've got to agree,when the band is having fun & really looking like they're enjoying themselves, those are the best shows.With the bands you mentioned at Hippiefest you had to have a great time. I love hearing about things like Corky Laing having a riot up there.

I never miss a Peter Noone show because he is always a lot of fun & a great showman.
Also, I'm a huge fan of Kiss & I seen them many times & they always put on a great show but back in 1991 I seen Kiss twice in arenas & I seen Ace Frehley twice that year in small clubs.As much as I loved the Kiss shows I preferred seeing Ace in the clubs. His tour was called the "Just for Fun" Tour & that's just what it was.You could tell he really enjoyed himself in the club setting & he was telling jokes between songs,it was great.

Thanks Foxhound & Flower for the compliment! The only band I never got to see yet that I've always wanted to see is the Rolling Stones! They always seemed to sellout the day of the show.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
You'll probably get another chance to see the Rolling Stones soon as they're planning to launch another North American tour prior to the end of 2010.

:heheh:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I saw the Rolling Stones in 2005 and they met and exceeded all expectations. I would go see them again in a heartbeat.

Btw ~ Shine A Light was a very good Stones movie.

Shine a Light was great,I just wish they'd officially release "Let's Spend the Night Together" & I remember seeing an hour long concert from Paris 1975 or 76 on Canadian TV I would love that to be officially released

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online