What was your favorite concert of all time and why?

Fug

Reaction score
Jethro Tull "A Passion Play" tour.

taha

Reaction score
Priest / Scorps , holy cow what a show......

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Man, reading all these people who have been to great concerts... there's very few big name artists available for an 18 yr old in Adelaide to see. Plus it's expensive and my rents don't lend me money for these things... so I've missed out on names like Elton John, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Roger Waters and Neil Young when they've been in town. However, I've seen many local acts, and Eric Clapton, and he'd be my favourite hands-down. Mainly because he's the best guitarist I've ever seen and hearing Layla live is magical :D

Also heard a rumour that Paul McCartney was planning a world tour, and if he comes within a 5 day car ride of where I am, I would pay everything I own to go if I had to :)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Very unfortunately, I've only been to a fingerful of concerts...But my favourite would be Sarah Blasko in October 2009. She was absolutely stunning, and the dress she wore was one of the most creative I've ever seen. It was like Mission Impossible in poetry :lmao:

I was second row dead in front, and I was thankful for my height, being able to see over the people in front of me! She played for 2 hours, and my favourites were Down On Love, No Turning Back, Bird On A Wire and Hammer. The latter sounds a million times better live. Truly fantastic!

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
always a hard question for me as I'm closing in on 1000+ live shows.
As far as one band performance shows it would be

Pink Floyd-animals tour -7/4/77- they played the entire animals album followed by all of WYWH and then had an encore of Us and Them and Money.

King Crimson-Alexander Hall, Princeton 82-Alexander Hall is a small circular theatre and KC new lineup, at the time(Belew, Bruford, Fripp, Levin) just blew me away.

festivals
NEARfest 02 -My first NEARfest was amazing. So many god bands and it reintroduced me into the prog world making me find out about several new bands. Nektar (reunion first show),Echolyn,Isildurs Bane, Miriodor,La Torre dell'Alchimista,Steve Hackett,Caravan,Enchant,Gerard, Spaced Out. NEARfest also has amazing vender rooms selling prog cd's from all over the world. I've been to every NEARfest since and will certainly attend this years with another amazing line-up (Hackett, Three Friends(members of Gentle Giant), Riverside, Pineapple Thief)

Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ 9/77-Grateful Dead, Marshall Tucker and New Riders of the Purple Sage. This concert was only about 10 miles from my house which meant not only a great show but also 30+ of my friends hungout waiting for the show to start from about 6am til noon. The three bands played for close to 12 hours. AMazing sets by The Dead and Marshall Tucker.

Woodstock94 would be close behind.
Coachella 04-Radiohead,Kraftwerk,The Pixies(reunion show), Muse, Broken Social Scene, Air, The Cure, The Black Keys etc
NO Nukes-MSG 79

Surprise show-
Dickie Betts at central park 78-Dickie played about 3 or 4 songs then said he will be right back. Everyone was confused and then 5 minutes later the Allman Brothers Band took the stage.

surprising best warmup act and got me involved on the local music scene
Doves NYC 2/2001-the warmup act was a local NYC band called The Strokes. Prior to that show my friends and myself had never heard of them. This was about 7 months before "Is This It? came out. After this show I started hanging around the lower eastside bars meeting many new friends many who were in local up and coming bands.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
James Taylor at Massey Hall in Toronto in 1994. It was a magical show. The seating capacity there is just over 2,700 so it's a very intimate setting. I recored the show on a cheap voice recorder just so I would remember the setlist, which was:

Lo and Behold
Mexico
The Promised Land
Handy Man
I Was a Fool to Care
I've Got To Stop Thinkin' 'Bout That
Never Die Young
The Frozen Man
Sun on the Moon
Your Smiling Face
Shower the People
Country Road
Copperline

Carolina in My Mind
Secret o' Life
Brother Trucker
Everyday
Not Fade Away
Old Paint
Old Dog Blue
Up on the Roof
You've Got a Friend
Steamroller Blues
How Sweet It Is
Fire And Rain

I've seen him six or seven times. The worst was at Molson Amphitheater in Toronto. I think it was because it was an outdoor venue. There's an airport on Toronto Island and the planes are constantly landing, which is fine if it's Judas Priest playing, but not James Taylor.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
I think I can say that I can die a happy girl knowing I got to see two of my favorite bands live. The first was Nine Inch Nails back in 2000. I nearly got mowed down by a ravenous crowd trying to reach the stage but I got an incredible view of Trent and the boys so it was well worth it!

Second incredible concert experience goes to Rush. I've been a fan of theirs since as early as I can remember. So when my soon to be father in law scored tickets for us during the band's R30 tour, stoked was not a strong enough word to describe my reaction! Getting to see them live was... good god it was INCREDIBLE!!! I finally got to witness what everyone that has seen them live was talking about! They were beyond spectacular!!! One ultra cool moment was when I got into an air guitar battle with a guy their old enough to be my dad! :heheh:

I could go on about how incredible the show was but I'd be here forever! Lets just say that if anyone here that is gonna see Rush for the first time, you are in for a real treat and you will not be disappointed! :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I don't personally have a favorite concert per say. I've seen a lot of great shows, Rob Zombie, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Ozzy Osbourne, and Megadeth really take the cake though. Rob Zombie probably takes #1 if I were to rank them, mainly because of how well he can perform live, and how great he sounds. I think he sounds better live than when he does in studio.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Best so far was absolutely Roger Waters The Wall 2011, I think I don't have to tell you why - I'm die hard Floyd fan and having a chance to see one of my idols for the first time is almost lifechanging experience.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online