The Weapon Of Choice.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Buckethead.jpg

Buckethead plays a modified Gibson that has a cut switch installed.. The video below is a bit annoying but you get the jest on how it works.. I don't think I've ever seen any other guitarist use this type of switch before..

A little more mellow solo..

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

J.J. Cale`s Harmony H165

jj_cale_harmony_front.jpg
jj_cale_harmony_back.jpg

"My favorite guitar is this old fifty dollar Harmony, now backless for easier access to the electronics. Originally it was a round hole acoustic, but I've added five pickups for making records and playing concerts. Four of the pickups are Gibson, two of which are low impedance for recording direct. The other bar type pickup came from a Sears Silvertone guitar, it was manufactured by Dano Electro. The guitar has three high impedance outs and one low."

~ J.J. Cale ~

Source: Harmony guitars database

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Garrett.. That is one of the coolest guitar pictures I have ever seen..:grinthumb

:) Yeah, wild...aint it? On that link there is a video where he is telling Leon Russell about the money in the back of that harmony, how he sets the action depends what coin he slips in. :wtf:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
:) Yeah, wild...aint it? On that link there is a video where he is telling Leon Russell about the money in the back of that harmony, how he sets the action depends what coin he slips in. :wtf:

I kiped that picture so I can show my guitar buddies on FB.. Just amazing how that set up works.. Plus sound wise has to be a trip.. No back? Hmmm The freakiest gear set up I've ever seen..

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ A couple of great bits of kit Slip and Garrett, two musos at opposite ends of the style spectrum I reckon :).. top stuff. :cheers2

Mick Box another big fan of the old Les Paul's and IMO a remarkable player. He gets some incredible sounds from his guitars.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^ Mick Box... what a guitarist! :bow:

Sometimes you can find him playing Gibson.

lw1.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ I think he has an array of guitars Nolo but I'm sure he states the Gibson Les Paul as his favourites, mind you I reckon he'd get a good sound out of knicker elastic. :D

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Mark Sandman

mark-sandman.jpg

His instruments were extensively altered and sometimes built by hand to create unique sounds. In Morphine, he played primarily a two-string slide bass guitar usually tuned to a fifth, but he also was known to play a unitar (named after the one-stringed instrument in American blues tradition), and three-string slide bass with one bass string and two unison strings tuned an octave higher (usually A). He sometimes paired bass strings with one or two guitar strings, creating the "basitar" "tri-tar" and "guitbass.

"I don't know why I picked this bass, maybe 'cause it was so... freaky lookin', I suppose."
~Mark Sandman~

Source: Mark Sandman Page in Fuller Up, The Dead Musician Directory

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online