The Weapon Of Choice.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
How do they get that sound? Just a little about any of the instruments your favourite musicians choose to use. I'll kick off with Uncle Ted's Gibson Byrdland an unusual rig for the heavy rockin' world but Ted makes it talk IMO.

In the early part of his career he used Fender amps to help create his sound, today I think he puts the Archtop through a Peavey. Here's what he can do.

:grinthumb

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

"Rosebud"

gd-80s-jerry-02.jpg

Rosebud is Garcia`s 3rd custom Doug Irwin guitar. Irwin delivered his $11,000 masterpiece to Jerry in 1989, it replaced the Tiger.

"Rosebud"

image084.jpg

Mr. T

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many here are familiar with the late, great Michael Hedges but he is basically the man who took acoustic guitar to another planet. Think of Michael as the Hendrix or Van Halen of the acoustic world. If you have never heard his Aerial Boundaries album you can't even imagine what you are missing. I can't find a vid of him using this guitar but I think you will get the idea of what he could do from just playing a 6 string.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Great stuff .

RS, I only know a bit, the stuff I pick up here and there.
That's a classy piece of kit Garrett.
RC, I reckon Brian used to use an old sixpence (tanner) coin as a plectrum excellent choice.
Nolo basic but brilliant. :cheers2
Tunez, that guy is incredible.

Here's Eric's '60 Les Paul the one he recorded with during the legendary 1966 sessions, John Mayall's Blues Breakers (Beano album).

Along with Mike Vernon who produced the album and a '62 Marshall combo Eric and his Les Paul flipped standard recording tecniques on their head.

The guitar was lost or stolen in the sixties, rumour has it that Bernie Marsden bought the guitar from a guy about 1974. ??

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.