The Craziest Person In Music?

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
Speaking literally, maybe Syd Barrett.

That was the first name that popped in my head when I read the title of this thread. A couple of other legendary rockers that spent some time in the looney bin were Roky Erikson and Skip Spence.

Roky Erikson was the singer/guitarist/songwriter of the 1960s Texas psychedelic band the 13th Floor Elevators, and is a paranoid schizophrenic. In court once, he proclaimed himself to be an alien and not subject to earth laws.

Skip Spence was the first drummer for the Jefferson Airplane, before co-founding Moby Grape as a singer/guitarist/songwriter . When Moby Grape was working on its 2nd album, Skip tried to break into another bandmate's hotel room, and attack him, with an axe. He spent the next 6 months in Bellevue. As soon as he got out, he recorded the album Oar (an album that is considered a cult classic by many).

Rocker440

Reaction score
I'll go with this guy...

arthurbrown_fire.jpg

:bonk: :wtf: :rolleyes: :lmao:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Makes no less sense than any of the other organized big time religions these days. At least the worship of the Norse gods was the religion of their forefathers. Why import somebody else's foolishness when you've already got indigenous stuff of your own?

:wtf:

I draw the line at violence, to both property and people. Although the crazed fans of Varg have burned quite a few churches, usually at night so far I don't believe anyone has been killed, but that is good fortune as much as anything else.

Some of those churches are centuries old, and are part of Norway's culture and should be preserved not destroyed.

You do realize that Vikings wore Fox pelts don't you my capricious canine?? I would think you would prefer them staying more or less civilized.;)

Having read the new additions, I stand by Varg Vikernes being the most crazy, closely followed by Sooty's madman, they seem to be a level of "Seriously Deranged" above the rest so far.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah I have to give it to you and Soot there LG...here is G.G.'s last interview.

:uc:

:rolleyes: :lmao:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Hahaha... GG is the frickin' greatest. I have always strived to reach that level of "overtness" that he wields. While everybody else is hiding behind miles of vague impressionism, I can always count on GG to say something. It doesn't necessarily mean anything but there can be no question regarding what he said.

I draw the line at violence, to both property and people. Although the crazed fans of Varg have burned quite a few churches, usually at night so far I don't believe anyone has been killed, but that is good fortune as much as anything else.

Some of those churches are centuries old, and are part of Norway's culture and should be preserved not destroyed.

You do realize that Vikings wore Fox pelts don't you my capricious canine?? I would think you would prefer them staying more or less civilized.;)

Having read the new additions, I stand by Varg Vikernes being the most crazy, closely followed by Sooty's madman, they seem to be a level of "Seriously Deranged" above the rest so far.

New additions of what? Lords of Chaos?

Speaking strictly of my own opinions, I couldn't agree more that norse ideology isn't the slightest, tinniest, most remote bit less believable or more insane than believing anything Judeo-Christianity has ever given birth to. As far as violence goes, it was Christian violence that Varg purportedly sought to rectify with his burnings.

However, Varg doesn't believe in that religious crap anymore. Varg Vikernes is either a man of very sound mind or a man who, like myself, has mastered the art of speaking rationally without ever experiencing a rational thought. Varg now harbors merely an interest in mythology rather than religious fanaticism.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ Either way it's criminal and wrong to destroy another's property.

Just as it would be insane for a christian dude to go to Burzum's pad and destroy his amplifiers and guitars he hold sooo dear and burn his house down because he sings black metal.

:bonk:

As far as G.G.??

screw_ball.jpg

:heheh:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I don't know if Jim Morrison was crazy...but he did some pretty crazy stuff...

Keith Moon did some crazy stuff....

Pete Townshend too....

How about Brian Wilson?

Good calls on Varg and GG. Two of my favorite artists right tharr. I was also going to mention Charlie Manson if nobody has done so yet. Everybody loved his music back in the day. Neil Young STILL raves about it.

I don't think everyone loved Charles Manson's music....not even close...

Charles Manson was a loner and a loser, who preyed on weak minds...

Anyone who ever heard his music, could tell, there wasn't any talent there.

All, from my point of view....

And who ever this GG Allin character is...I've never heard of him before, until about two years ago on another forum....and I've been a music lover for a long time....if it wasn't for the forum and the internet...I would of never heard of him...so, he couldn't of been much of a musician.

Also, Ted Nugent the ''Motor City Madman'' isn't crazy at all.

Ted's a smart guy...and one cool dude.

That was the first name that popped in my head when I read the title of this thread. A couple of other legendary rockers that spent some time in the looney bin were Roky Erikson and Skip Spence.

Roky Erikson was the singer/guitarist/songwriter of the 1960s Texas psychedelic band the 13th Floor Elevators, and is a paranoid schizophrenic. In court once, he proclaimed himself to be an alien and not subject to earth laws.

Skip Spence was the first drummer for the Jefferson Airplane, before co-founding Moby Grape as a singer/guitarist/songwriter . When Moby Grape was working on its 2nd album, Skip tried to break into another bandmate's hotel room, and attack him, with an axe. He spent the next 6 months in Bellevue. As soon as he got out, he recorded the album Oar (an album that is considered a cult classic by many).

Yeah, FretBuzz...now these guys were crazy...

Love Moby Grape, but I could never get into the 13th Floor Elevators - and I love 60's psychedelic music...but could never get into Roky Erikson at all.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
And Varg....another loser...I never heard of till this thread.
:heheh:

This guy isn't worth the time of day.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyalDonah

Members online