The Craziest Person In Music?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Doesn't make any difference to me AAG, Charlie is Way more famous for his violent crimes than his...music career.

He will never rate on any musical scale with me period.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Just gotta add...if it wasn't for the sick antics of Varg, GG and Charles Manson's, myself and others, probably wouldn't even heard about their music. The point being it wasn't their music that made people pay attention to these losers.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The only reason I know about Varg was from a Metal Documentary, they covered all of the genres and he was "Infamous" for what he did...otherwise like you said GM I would never have heard of him or his music.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Here's a quote from Neil Young about Charles Manson -- "He had this kind of music that nobody else was doing. I thought he really had something crazy, something great. He was like a living poet."

I love Neil Young, huge fan...but even Neil couldn't make me like or listen to Charles Manson or Pearl Jam, for that matter. Or what is good music and what is not. I'll think for myself, thanks.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I was just addressing the notion that nobody but his followers liked his music. As for their antics getting them famous.... yes, definetly. But firstly that doesn't change how good or bad their music is, secondly there are tens of bands that are incredible who we'll never hear about. You need gimmicks and looks and connections and ass-licking to get noticed in the music business. Not every good band is famous and not every famous good band is famous for their music and not every famous band is famous for their music, a lot of them are awful (Jonas Brothers, Miley, famous for their TV shows). If you don't like their music that's a-okay, but I'm willing to bet we ALL have favorites which aren't very popular. That doesn't change how much we like their music, does it?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Another crazy in music would be Phil Spector. He was almost a recluse after the 70's and had confronted members of the Ramone's with a gun when they wanted to leave his house before Phil considered the meeting over. And of course he shot Lana Clarkson, and told police she "kissed the gun".

Before the Lana murder, he even told people he was insane.

Crazy crazy people in this world.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Another crazy in music would be Phil Spector. He was almost a recluse after the 70's and had confronted members of the Ramone's with a gun when they wanted to leave his house before Phil considered the meeting over. And of course he shot Lana Clarkson, and told police she "kissed the gun".

Before the Lana murder, he even told people he was insane.

Crazy crazy people in this world.

Yeah , Phil Spector is A VERY good choice :cheers2

A brilliant Producer who worked with The Ronettes, The Ramones, The Beatles and so many others.

Created the famous 'Wall Of Sound'

But was a certified nut job !

Rumors set in reality include :

holding a gun to Stevie Wonder's head, for NOT complying to a request of Phils':wtf:

Holding Joey Ramone at gun point for wearing a T-shirt with from wife Ronnie Spector on it . Screaming 'TAKE MY WIFE OFF YOUR CHEST':wtf:

When married to Ronnie Spector: Hiding ALL her shoes so she could NOT leave the house without him

building her a bowling alley because she once tried to sneak out of the mansion without permission , to go bowling with Cher ?:wtf:

He is a clinical Bio-Polar from what I read. but yikes !

Attachments

• phil%20spector.jpg
    phil%20spector.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 47
  • phil-spector-2-WI-lg.jpg
    phil-spector-2-WI-lg.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Phil-Spector-hair.jpg
    Phil-Spector-hair.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 47
  • phil-spector-trial.jpg
    phil-spector-trial.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 47

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
\ Didn't he recently kill some chick he was dating?

Lana Clarkson, yes. He went to prison for her murder.

phil-spector-booking-photo-mug-shot.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online