The Craziest Person In Music?

Drifter

Reaction score
@AboutAGirl

I must say I admire your eloquent and articulate defense of GG. It's a nice change of pace over how his fans stick up for him which usually runs along the lines of "GG didn't give a F, maaaan!" and leave it at that. I can also appreciate amateurism in most art forms so my quip about GG's music being "pretty awful" has nothing to do with with his lack of professionalism or even talent. I just find most of what I heard from him a chore to listen to. For my money, bands like Antiseen, Rancid Vat and the Meat Men did this sort of thing much better. It also helped that the three bands I mentioned also had a sense of humor and you could tell their schtick was done tongue in cheek. I didn't get that from listening to GG's music. But I'm always glad to hear different perspectives on the man which you provided. I'm interested in GG's history and story but just don't expect me to listen to his music all that often.

Oh, and by the way, his version of Carmelita was very good! Had he lived, cleaned up his act a little and stayed out of prison he'd probably be making albums with Rick Rubin producing about now!

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, his version of Carmelita was very good! Had he lived, cleaned up his act a little and stayed out of prison he'd probably be making albums with Rick Rubin producing about now!

I'd love to hear that! :grinthumb:grinthumb:grinthumb

I respect that GG isn't for everybody. That's probably even part of what I like about him. Personally, I do see a sense of humor in GG's work even though it's not implicitly visible. I don't know exactly how to explain it and I don't want to accidentally make a huge post again, but suffice to say... I've always felt that life itself was very funny, and that the greatest thing to do was make your life itself into a commentary on life itself. And I think GG did exactly that, even if he never intended to. It's like being serious, but you also understand how funny you look and can enjoy that as well. I've long dreamed of doing the same thing with my music -- make it so overt that people laugh at it without even being in on the joke, 'cause then it'll be all the funnier for those of us who ARE in on the joke.

Or something.

peace & love :cheers2

Drifter

Reaction score
I've long dreamed of doing the same thing with my music -- make it so overt that people laugh at it without even being in on the joke, 'cause then it'll be all the funnier for those of us who ARE in on the joke.

That's hard to pull off but wonderful if you're able to. Very few artists are capable of that. I think Iggy was the master of this.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'll just never get past the poop :oyea:

Kidding....all in all it's cool to open each other's eyes whenever we can. :grinthumb

Drifter

Reaction score
I'll just never get past the poop :oyea:

When I saw his show I made it a point to stand far away from the stage as possible. In fact, I stood near the exit. :tongue:

The first signs of a poop appearance and I would have been out that door in a flash.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online