Scorpions way underrated ?

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I totally agree with the wise words of Groovy man....The 70s/80s SCORPIONS were brilliant !!...Uli Jon Roth is my favorite guitarist/Matthias Jabs etc :bow::bow:
Good to see another genuine SCORPIONS fan in" Hard Rock" with his detailed enthusiasm :grinthumb
.... Lets not forget SCORPIONS debut album "Lonesome Crow " one masterpiece with a certain [very young] Michael Schenker on guitar.
Yes they lost their way a bit, and them doing an orchestral album didnt inspire me very much....but" Sting in the tail " is one of 2010s best releases !! Im so sad to see them go...:wa

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Top band and very good live, people are entitled to their opinions, however they should be a little more tactful in how and what they write on here. I have many Scorpions albums and IMO I prefer the earlier stuff. I know LOU/REALm is a huge fan.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Top band and very good live, people are entitled to their opinions, however they should be a little more tactful in how and what they write on here. I have many Scorpions albums and IMO I prefer the earlier stuff. I know LOU/REALm is a huge fan.

I prefer the stuff from the late 80's up through the 2000's. However, I agree about being careful when criticizing the band.

However, my favorite ballads of theirs are You and I & Under the Same Sun.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I am a firm believer in a band's longevity speaking volumes, in other words if a set of people or indeed an ever changing line-up working as a band can last 40 years in what is considered to be one of the hardest industries to get even a foot hold in, then hats off to 'em. I don't think The Scorps are underrated but like so many other rock bands their appeal is championed by a dedicated army of fans, the odd catchy single captures the ears of a wider audience.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Scorpions - one of my favorite bands. Of course, in media, they are not taken to put on a par with Purple, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Queen and Floyd, but judging by sales and number of fans, they can't be called unappreciated. Scorpions - one of the best!
P.S. In fairness, I would say that the "Sting in the Tail" is disappointed me. Ballads are excellent, but from all hard songs I liked only "Raised on Rock", "Slave Me" and "Turn You On". In my opinion, "Unbreakable" and "Humanity - Hour 1" turned out much stronger, than album of 2010. Whatever it was, sad, that veterans get older and go...2_sm6.gif

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I am a firm believer in a band's longevity speaking volumes, in other words if a set of people or indeed an ever changing line-up working as a band can last 40 years in what is considered to be one of the hardest industries to get even a foot hold in, then hats off to 'em. I don't think The Scorps are underrated but like so many other rock bands their appeal is championed by a dedicated army of fans, the odd catchy single captures the ears of a wider audience.

The longevity is very impressive. The Scorpions are darned dependable. People who like the band can count on getting studio albums which had a lot of time, thought and care put into them and are generally good sounding, even if that fan may not like some of the songs on that particular album.

Not every music fan can count on that from their favorite bands.

I also like to think that The Scorpions don't have a history of turning in subpar, half-baked live performances, as is obvious from their well regarded live recordings and videos.

They are true professionals.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Agreed Scorpions have delivered the goods for 4 decades both in the studio and on the stage .. the fans know the score. :D

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
I also forgot World Wide Live on there. Thanks for all the good responses. It seems like they are a band that is rarely brought up and when they are its like " oh, yeah ! There great ! " yet people go on and on and on ad infinitem about Van Halen or Motley crue. Not bashing on other threads but...The Scorps have that Ace card of the 70's uli era and the late 90's-00 experimentation era that makes them a bit more musical and diverse then most other groups.

As far as wind of change. That is a great song. That song actually represents, or is the soundtrack of the Berlin wall coming down. I mean, some call the Scorps a metal band . So, for a metal band to have a song like WOC play on modern rock/metal radio,classic rock radio, classic pop radio, variety radio, and easy listening radio ??? I do not look at that as a failure. That is beyond mainstream success.

They are the best in my book.

Again, thanx for the responses. Now that i have that out of my system i can talk about other classic bands :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have no problem when a band collaborates with a symphony orchestra or stretches their creative muscles and trying new things, doesn't always work but when it does it's magical.

Sox has hit the main point, any band that has lasted this long and still retained their old fans and added new ones is officially legendary in my books.:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online