Scorpions way underrated ?

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Scorpions are WAY overrated. I can't stand that goofy accent the singer has...It turns me off to their music. I do like Uli Jon Roth though.

I don't mind the accent (being in the lingo biz myself, it's part of job:):):))...it's the FOOLING AROUND with "political" concepts just because it's the "in" fad of the moment (ref Wind of Change):bow::pullhair:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
^^That is way too narrow of a parameter S&L and you have enough intelligence and musical knowledge to realize the Scorpions opened the door for 100's of German bands who went on to carve out a career themselves.

I would rate the Scorpions as the single most important hard rock band to come out of Germany for sure and maybe continental Europe as a whole.

I don't think many of the European bands "opened" those doors....esp the political doors expressed by that CRAPPY song Wind of Change...sorry, but I WILL insist on this!!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I am not getting bogged down over one song,,,if you can't admit how important the Scorpions were then that's fine, I cannot name all the bands that have come out of Europe that always say the Scorpions were a big influence on them, gave them confidence in fact. The respect they get from everyone says more than you complaining about one song you don't happen to like.

Scorpions = one of the top 50 hard rock metal bands of all time, and millions of fans worldwide can't be wrong.;)

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
I think one thing snakes and ladders the scorpions and myself can all agree on is SEXY WOMEN ! HaHa !

But, they do have a bent and frankly, i agree with them. :D

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
The clarification is that some bands should keep their political mouths shut when they IGNORE what's really happening out there or if you like it better, some bands should not simply jump onto the bandwagon just because the latest "political" fad asks them to do so.....hope it's CLEAR!!!!:D

I actually agree. Lets start censoring bands/musicians starting with Toby Keith and Ted Nugent. They bring NOTHING constructive to the table.

A boot in yr A## its the American way ? Yeah, NOT.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^"Land of the Free, Home of the Brave"...:D

Doesn't bother me when any singer/celebrity comes out and either leads a political debate or comes late to the party, they have as much right to have an opinion as anyone else.

When they are playing live shows, then I agree just let the songs do the talking and keep your rhetoric to yourself if possible, that way a good song no matter what it's content can be enjoyed regardless of your position on the issue.

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
Yeah, the Scorps may say something about peace every once and a while but they never rant.Cant say the same about the aforementioned people:rolleyes:. They actually cut the track "the good die young" out of their setlist when they didn't have too. The song is a total tribute and a wish for a safe return of all of our brave men and women over in the sandbox.

I hate when crap gets political. Seen this melt down on many forums. But ill let ya all know : i never fire the first shot but i will never hesitate to respond.

No politics ! More ROCK !

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^We closed our SDF section months ago Hard Rock because political debates never stay in that one place and feuds end up spreading into the music threads.

So no worries about politics on our end, Magic is really really firm about that subject.:D

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
I don't know if that was an attempt at sarcasm Groovy, but if not ?

Love their country ? :oyea: You don't know Ted Nugents history then. Before all the 9/11 stuff, he readily admitted to drinking nothing but soda and fast food, acting mentally retarded ( not much of a stretch there ) and actually defecating in his pants before going in to be evaluated for service after getting his draft notice for Vietnam .

While many other young men ( some of who probably had aspirations to become rock musicians ) went to war and died....Good ol' uncle Ted got to stay home, build a career, sleep with underage girls and party hearty. What a patriot.:rolleyes:

Scorpions ? The very first formation of the band...every single member was mandatorily conscripted into the German army during the peak of of the cold war. I don't think Klause or Ruddy would sh*t themselves to get out of that.

Toby ? Hes not a bad guy and he is talented but " a boot in your ass ? " Classy :grinthumb

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online