Scorpions way underrated ?

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
Its all good. Jeez with all the slinging goin on here maybe they aren't a peaceful band after all. It got us bickering! Damn Germans ! Gotta watch those guys ! :wtf:

But back to the music...Yeah, i did forget unbreakable. Blood too hot is a ripping track, so is Deep and dark, This time. Great tour with Tesla and Emerson lake and palmer ??? I think ? Saw it dont remember the first band.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Its all good. Jeez with all the slinging goin on here maybe they aren't a peaceful band after all. It got us bickering! Damn Germans ! Gotta watch those guys ! :wtf:

My family tree is German, on my mom's side. That sounds about right, I got a few too many enemies out there in the real world :D (just kidding)

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
Its all in good fun ! I have it from both sides of the family. Great grandma 100% on one side great g pa 100% on the other. They get a lot of stereotypes most of witch are untrue some that are though...

Another thing i forgot to mention is that Roger Waters asked them to do that " live at the Berlin wall " deal in Berlin in 89. They opened the whole gig with the song " in the flesh " It was a spectacular historical event that had to go down without a hitch. They pulled it off. There was the Scorps in front of a massive wall of foam bricks that was soon to come down just like the real Berlin wall did. COOL !

Also Mikhail Gorbachev actually wanted to meet them in ***** and private back in 89. I thought it was all a publicity stunt until recently...Gorbachev just announced that he is sponsoring them to play a private event for him, his family and dignitaries at $100,000 a ticket. All proceeds going to charity. How do our presidents get Bono and they get the Scorps ?

They are just a unique and well rounded band. Have an amazing history that a lot of people don't realize.

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
The other thing about Wind of Change is...Klaus Meine wrote the whole thing with just his voice and an acoustic guitar. No Schenker . No outside writers. Im sure that went to his head a little bit.Up to Crazy World, all Scorps albums always had one or two ballads at most. After it ? They went ballad crazy. I didn't really like that idea. Klaus, God only gives you one "imagine" in a lifetime. :D

Face the Heat had some rippers though. Alien Nation stomps ! And Hour 1 off of HH1 is a ripping track. The solo :bow::bow::bow:

Rockperson

Reaction score
IMO, the Scorps were brilliant in two stages, firstly the Ulrich Roth years which featured the album Fly To The Rainbow through to Taken By Force with Tokyo Tapes to follow.
Then from Lovedrive through to Blackout and possibly Love At First Sting.

So many great albums and stunning songs, they were my favourite band pretty much through the whole of the 80`s, they went downhill after Love At First Sting, their last three studio albums are my favourite since the heydays.

My first ever concert was the Scorpions in 1980 on the Animal Magnetism tour with the legendary Blackfoot supporting, great but vague memories.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
For your first concert Blackfoot opening for Scorpions is a helluva a good start RP.

I like their Roth years the best, before their breakthrough commercially.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online