Scorpions way underrated ?

Rocker440

Reaction score
I don't believe, nor think of Scorpions as underrated. Perhaps they were unknown, or possibly under-appreciated with some people mostly outside of Europe for a couple of years, but I do believe that many rock fans didn't take too long to discover or simply realize that the band was fantastic, whether with Uli Jon and then later with Matthias Jabs, imo!

I hadn't heard much about the Scorpions back in the 1970's via the method (FM radio) that I listened to with regard to newer bands at that time, save one or two new Scorpions songs that were played to promote their most recent album and subsequent tour (The Zoo and Animal Magnetism, the latter song rarely recieves any radio airtime these days), but when I had the experience of seeing and hearing them in concert with a couple of other bands in 1980, that was quickly changed! I both became a big fan mostly from that first concert, and also became more interested in all of the bands previous material, which gave me the excellent opportunity to enjoy many of the albums featuring both Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth! I have many favorite songs from the Uli Jon era and crank them as often as possible, too!

I believe the band toured for many years and during that time built a great, well respected and also long standing fan base, which continues to both be very strong and adds to the overall appeal of the band, imo! :bow:

Of the original, or mostly original members I believe the Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker are the only ones currently performing in the band now. I do hope that before the Scorpions dissolve to do the things that each person chooses to do, they will have one or perhaps a few tribute type shows and have as many of the former band members all return to jam, at least for a few songs! I also hope that if/when that does happen, it will be recorded for DVD and released worldwide for all of the fans to enjoy! :clap:

:cheers2

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
^^^^Cool man ! Yeah, Rudolf had mentioned that there may be a big Final show in NY madison square garden with special guests. If they do it im sure, or i hope, they will record it for a final dvd. Have Uli,Michael, Herman, maybe Francis ( although they are not on speaking terms with him from what i hear ) all be involved. I might have to fly to New York to see that one !

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
. Before all the 9/11 stuff, he readily admitted to drinking nothing but soda and fast food, acting mentally retarded ( not much of a stretch there ) and actually defecating in his pants before going in to be evaluated for service after getting his draft notice for Vietnam .

Fast food, soda and retarted?

Whaaa?

I'm guessing you don't like Ted Nugent?
:heheh:

Ted's great...on and off the stage...

Not going to debate his past. I'm sure we all have a past, to some degree. It's all about who you are today, not who you were in the past.

And Toby Keith, I'm not a fan, but singing I'll put a boot up your ass after 9-11...a lot of Americans felt that way....except the left.

And if you wanna bring up underage girls?

Should I post a picture of the original Scorpions ''Virgin Killer'' album or should we just talk about music?

I'd rather talk about music.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
^^"Land of the Free, Home of the Brave"...:D

Doesn't bother me when any singer/celebrity comes out and either leads a political debate or comes late to the party, they have as much right to have an opinion as anyone else.

When they are playing live shows, then I agree just let the songs do the talking and keep your rhetoric to yourself if possible, that way a good song no matter what it's content can be enjoyed regardless of your position on the issue.

Musically speaking Wind of Change wasn't even a good song structurally....let alone the cheesy and misleading message it gave:):):pullhair:

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
Fast food, soda and retarted?

Whaaa?

I'm guessing you don't like Ted Nugent?
:heheh:

Ted's great...on and off the stage...

Not going to debate his past. I'm sure we all have a past, to some degree. It's all about who you are today, not who you were in the past.

And Toby Keith, I'm not a fan, but singing I'll put a boot up your ass after 9-11...a lot of Americans felt that way....except the left.

And if you wanna bring up underage girls?

Should I post a picture of the original Scorpions ''Virgin Killer'' album or should we just talk about music?

I'd rather talk about music.

Yeah,Im not a fan of that album cover....neither is the band. They have spoke publicly about this on many occasion. RCA's bad. However, read the lyrics to the song. Its about modern culture and war destroying an innocent mind. You wouldn't know it by the music but that's what it means.

Talk music ? Sure ! That's what i came here for ! Hmmm ? How did it get political ?

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Musically speaking Wind of Change wasn't even a good song structurally....let alone the cheesy and misleading message it gave:):):pullhair:

If one picks apart a Scorpions song because of a political message in it, then you might as well dive whole hog into the catalogs of U2, The Cranberries, John Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen, John Lennon, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Steppenwolf, Rage Against the Machine and a bunch of others. Because all of them have spit out at least a song or two with a message I wasn't in favor of at all.

At least the message the Scorpions had was clear. Springsteen had half the country and a President misinterpreting his song to the point that they were under the impression that Born in the USA was just a straightforward pro-America anthem.

Like the song or not, if you were to go back to the time it was written and recorded and offered the song Wind of Change to whichever recording artist from that era who wanted it, you'd have a bunch of bands who were popular at the time begging to record it. That's the truth.

It isn't my favorite Scorpions song either but then again it is one song out of probably 200-300 (just a wild guess) that they've released on an album in their career. We're missing something here in the equation because you've got to have a pretty serious vendetta against the Scorpions to derail a thread so badly.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online