Rock's Most Overrated Songs

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Anything and EVERYTHING by the Pretenders. What an incredibly average band with a truly annoying lead vocalist. I have never understood the draw to anything Crissy has ever touched.

:yuk:

BTW: Back on the Chain Gang is playing on the radio right now and I just want to jab nails into my ears when any of their stuff comes on

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple

The song has weak vocals for what's supposed to be a 'classic rock song.' No wonder everyone knows the guitar riff; it's the only thing about the song worth remembering.

^^^ Yeah, I've always thought that too.

I'm on the Aero/Sunny train here! I have no aversion to hearing it if it's playing but I've always thought for a big band that Deep Purple was one of the weakest vocally that I've heard! :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Anything and EVERYTHING by the Pretenders. What an incredibly average band with a truly annoying lead vocalist. I have never understood the draw to anything Crissy has ever touched.

BTW: Back on the Chain Gang is playing on the radio right now and I just want to jab nails into my ears when any of their stuff comes on

I always got the impression you at least liked the "I'll Stand By You" song or maybe it was just Carrie Underwoods version. :tongue: Maybe I've just been here so long that my memories jumbled up! :heheh:

Aero

Reaction score

You might not like Chrissy Hynde's vocals (my friend Julie didn't either) but The Pretenders as a band are very talented. I think your view of them is just tainted because you don't like the singer.

Lynch

Reaction score
Most bands that I don't like is because of the singer, that should be pretty normal. Why would anyone listen to a band that they don't like the main instrument (vocals)? I don't care if it's Rush, The Pretenders or Cannibal Corpse. The greatest music on earth can easily be ruined by annoying singing.

As for the band (without her voice), I find them incredibly simple and boring to be perfectly honest. Nothing special about them at all. ("The Pretenders" is actually the perfect name for them).

As an example, I find Nirvana to be one of the most overrated bands of all time, but I can understand the draw to them more than I can to the Pretenders.

Aero

Reaction score
As for the band (without her voice), I find them incredibly simple and boring to be perfectly honest. Nothing special about them at all. ("The Pretenders" is actually the perfect name for them).

So just out of curiosity, what bands do you like?

Lynch

Reaction score
I always got the impression you at least liked the "I'll Stand By You" song
148qlqw.jpg

or maybe it was just Carrie Underwoods version. :tongue: Maybe I've just been here so long that my memories jumbled up! :heheh:
I don't remember Carrie's version of that one. Might have to check it out, could be 1000x better with a real singer at the helm. ;)

There is ~one~ Pretenders song I don't mind, but I honestly can't remember what it is. I haven't heard it in a long time and would have to go through way too many songs to find it and I'd rather not do that.

:bonk:

Lynch

Reaction score
I think I used that as my avatar a couple yrs back. I've retained a copy of it on several external drives so I always have it with me. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online