Music Pet Peeves

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Rap... nothing artistic about it IMO. To me it's like "I can't sing, that's why I rap. When I try to sing I sound like crap." Sad part is it STILL sounds like crap lol.

high quallity rap is very artistic. There is meter and time signature. Being able to rhyme in rhythm ande being able to change speeds isn't easy at all. Like any genre there is plenty of of garbage and rap isn't exempt of that. One of the best live bands I have evere seen is the Roots. The Roots are a live rap band. I have paid to see them 8 times. They also are the house band for the Jimmy Fallon fan. Not to mention they feature one of the best drummers in any genre of music, Questlove.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
high quallity rap is very artistic. There is meter and time signature. Being able to rhyme in rhythm ande being able to change speeds isn't easy at all. Like any genre there is plenty of of garbage and rap isn't exempt of that. One of the best live bands I have evere seen is the Roots. The Roots are a live rap band. I have paid to see them 8 times. They also are the house band for the Jimmy Fallon fan. Not to mention they feature one of the best drummers in any genre of music, Questlove.

I really like that dude and you are right they are legit! I've listened to The Roots and an album or two and always liked them! I've seen Rahzel live actually and he was entertaining. I really need to explore these guys again and actually get some material! :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I really like that dude and you are right they are legit! I've listened to The Roots and an album or two and always liked them! I've seen Rahzel live actually and he was entertaining. I really need to explore these guys again and actually get some material! :grinthumb

I would really suggest that because the roots are the cream of the crop in hip hop IMO. I would reccomend them to anyways who says they don't like rap

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Last Audio & Greg Johnson > Roots...at least to me.

I don't have a lot of time left to enjoy music, so I simply will not waste it listening to a genre I don't like, no matter how much I respect a friend's opinion.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Last Audio & Greg Johnson > Roots...at least to me.

I don't have a lot of time left to enjoy music, so I simply will not waste it listening to a genre I don't like, no matter how much I respect a friend's opinion.

I am flattered by the compliment. I am taking a break from touring. I am enjoying teaching guitar lessons and playing with my twins.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am glad you are happy and spending time with your kids Greg.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I can't stand constant screaming throughout a song. There is such a thing as tasteful screaming, but some metalcore and screamo bands scream throughout a song.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I never understood that either Greg. a scream to accentuate a particular part of a song is fine, but a whole continuous barrage wears me out really quickly. I am not a screamo fan although I do like The Used and BFMV...those are about it from that genre.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I can't stand constant screaming throughout a song. There is such a thing as tasteful screaming, but some metalcore and screamo bands scream throughout a song.

It's also annoying when they don't do it right. Some screaming has been done very well, but some of it if not most of it sounds like they are gargling their own saliva or are about to puke their voice box out.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online

No members online now.