Music Pet Peeves

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Another thing I bugs me are punk bands. I could never get into bands like the Sex Pistols. They're just loud and obnoxious.

Oh and another thing about the Sex Pistols. I heard that Johnny Rotten guy is a real ***** who has something against women. Seems to punch them out a lot. But I guess I shouldn't expect much from that band, the bassist stabbed and killed his girlfriend.

Oh well, people can like whatever they want, whether they're a bunch of women beaters or not... as long as they don't get their own reality tv show. better to be a woman beater than a sellout I guess.

:wa

Come on dude if you are going to troll and try to flame do it better.
:cheers2

BTW I find it funny how you say punk bands bother you yet you like Nirvana.

It helps if you can separate personal lives with the music. They are two different things. You can enjoy the music, but you don't have to like the person playing it.

Well sometimes personal lives do cross paths especially when talking about politics (Skrewdriver), but I agree for the most part.

Reaction score
Another thing I bugs me are punk bands. I could never get into bands like the Sex Pistols. They're just loud and obnoxious.

Oh and another thing about the Sex Pistols. I heard that Johnny Rotten guy is a real ***** who has something against women. Seems to punch them out a lot. But I guess I shouldn't expect much from that band, the bassist stabbed and killed his girlfriend.

Oh well, people can like whatever they want, whether they're a bunch of women beaters or not... as long as they don't get their own reality tv show. better to be a woman beater than a sellout I guess.

That's a rather large generalization... Possibly inaccurate as well, but the word "generalization" sums it up best, IMO;)

I believe that Jackson Browne also has hit a woman. Does that mean all 70s rock icons are woman beaters and sell outs in your eyes?..

Back on topic, this is about "musical" pet peeves, not the stars social/private lives. This is about the actual sound coming from the album/CD/MP3 that goes into your ears.

That being said, one of my pet peeves is the fuzz sound that was used on a lot of early 70s records, on the guitars. It's very, very mid range-y and nasaley, it gives me a huge headache, sounds like they just completely overloaded the microphone, and it ruins quite a few songs for me. This is an example--the guitar solo.

[GROOVESHARK]25044465[/GROOVESHARK]

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Another pet peeve of mine can be summed up by one word, autotune!

girl_with_hands_over_ears_screaming_42-17094837.jpg

Reaction score
I thought that was a given^^:tongue::heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
That's a rather large generalization... Possibly inaccurate as well, but the word "generalization" sums it up best, IMO;)

I believe that Jackson Browne also has hit a woman. Does that mean all 70s rock icons are woman beaters and sell outs in your eyes?..

Back on topic, this is about "musical" pet peeves, not the stars social/private lives. This is about the actual sound coming from the album/CD/MP3 that goes into your ears.

That being said, one of my pet peeves is the fuzz sound that was used on a lot of early 70s records, on the guitars. It's very, very mid range-y and nasaley, it gives me a huge headache, sounds like they just completely overloaded the microphone, and it ruins quite a few songs for me. This is an example--the guitar solo.

[GROOVESHARK]25044465[/GROOVESHARK]

I'll have to add the 70's "waaka waaka waaka"..I can only handle that in small doses...but I do seem to enjoy it more in 70's television shows and made for T.V. movies....but not as much on actual band/artist recordings.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
One of my pet peeves is when people say "I listen to everything" when they actually mean "I listen to whatever my friends are listening to/what's on the pop radio station".

:banghead:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online