Music Pet Peeves

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
This is true. It isn't a genre thing. When MJ died, I saw metal-heads, indie kids, hip hoppers and even country fans mourning his loss because it was a major blow to the music world. You didn't have to be his target demographic to understand why his death was one of those once-a-decade type of losses that comes musically and considering his popularity spanned two or three different generations why so many people got together to mourn him.

Yep. Everybody I knew was in complete shock when they heard about his death. His name was so familiar to more than half the world, that it was tough not to feel some mourn for his death. Luckily, his music and talents will probably live on for more years even after his death, mainly for his influence. There will still be people ten years from now doing the moon walk, and singing "this is thrillerrrrr", all because of his influence. That's what I can safely assume as least. It'll be a shame when and if his influence dies out.

I agree with this. I am not a huge America fan though I own "The Complete Greatest Hits" and enjoy a lot of it, but its sad that Dan Peek for instance has gotten little to no press over his death even though he sang lead on a few of their biggest hits, but the guy "hasn't been relevant in 30 years" therefore his death will likely be a paragraph obit on Rolling Stone, while Amy Winehouse will receive the cover for dying in her prime and at a point where people were still waiting for news on a new album from her. Amy's death is bigger but I would say Dan deserves more respect than he's getting just because he happened to die 35 years past his peak in fame.

Agreed. If anything, when an artist dies, they should at least get more than a paragraph or two. Even if the artist doesn't want much from the press, there still should be a lengthy amount just for respect sake. And I absolutely agree with you on the difference of being in their prime and not being in their prime. It's sad. But...there are some instances where people will go out and buy music from the artists that have died just to hear how they sounded and why people enjoyed them so much. I think that's ok to an extent. Because they're still giving the artist a chance. But if someone has been familiar with the artist and already had the opinion that they didn't like their music, and didn't want anything to do with them until after their death, that's different.

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
I remember a prank on some forums about Dio being dead started a couple of hours maybe more before his actual death.

Then when it was officially announced people didn't believe it at first. :uh:

ANF

Reaction score
I remember a prank on some forums about Dio being dead started a couple of hours maybe more before his actual death.

Then when it was officially announced people didn't believe it at first. :uh:

For years there's been pranks about deaths that sometimes its hard to separate the fact from the joke. I remember when Aaliyah was killed in a plane crash in 2001, I didn't believe it at first because it was only a week or two after Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears dying in a car wreck spread like wildfire, that of which we know was fake. So at first when someone asked me if I'd heard about Aaliyah I thought it was another prank.

Same with Amy Winehouse a few days ago, how many times of late have we heard death rumour pranks about Lady Gaga?

Mannie

Reaction score
One good song on an album & the rest all filler.

Metalheads who think that you can't love other genres besides Metal.

Bonus tracks/Deluxe albums - Most of them are just filler songs.

When people say a genre is dead - How is the genre suppose to stay alive when you talking trash all of the time.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
The Eagles and their constant "Final Tour"s. They were once a great band with really great music, but they've thrown away their musical integrity by their constant cashing in

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Total gombeens like Rod Stewart and Adele who made it a condition to attend their cruddy concerts... that you had to have the state injectable and rooster booster.... whilst they lived it up.... unfettered.
Unforgivable B-astards!!!!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online