Music Pet Peeves

LivingDead

Fiend For Life
Reaction score
I don't have as much of a problem with screaming vocals as I do with growling vocals for some reason. I was listening to this one black metal band a little while back and the whole song sounded like the singer was just really gassy and burping throughout the whole song.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I don't have as much of a problem with screaming vocals as I do with growling vocals for some reason. I was listening to this one black metal band a little while back and the whole song sounded like the singer was just really gassy and burping throughout the whole song.

This probably isn't the song, but it made me laugh.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Man I dunno wtf that is, but I certainly wouldn't call them vocals. It sounds like a microphone inside of a soda can while someone slowly sucks the liquid out with a straw, just barely on top of the soda level.

Once again... some cool ass music and absolutely dreadful "vocals" (i use that term lightly).

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
^^I never understood that either Greg. a scream to accentuate a particular part of a song is fine, but a whole continuous barrage wears me out really quickly. I am not a screamo fan although I do like The Used and BFMV...those are about it from that genre.

yes but the used and BFMV use tasteful screaming. BTW I saw BFMV in concert recently and they were excellent.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I hate it when musicians on forums like this, feel like their opinion on a subject is more valid than someone who isn't.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've never noticed that here myself Greg, everyone from talented musicians like yourself and MP and numerous others have always conducted themselves with class. Not dismissing a "mere fans" opinion like one would swat a fly.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
^^I've never noticed that here myself Greg, everyone from talented musicians like yourself and MP and numerous others have always conducted themselves with class. Not dismissing a "mere fans" opinion like one would swat a fly.

Never had a problem with that here but I have with other forums. People here are generally very respectful here.

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
Hope you guys are okay with me bumping this topic.

This tends to happen when an artist/band member dies, there's an influx of new listeners checking out that dead artist's material.

I noticed this a lot when Michael Jackson died. I'll admit, I picked up some MJ albums and enjoyed them a lot following his death (Thriller, Bad, Off the Wall), but the long time fans don't like this and they say stuff like "oh the only reason you're giving this a good score is because he/she is dead" or "I'm getting sick of all these new fans checking out the persons material because they died, bunch of posers".

It's like once an artist dies, their material becomes "off-limits" to new fans for some stupid reason. It's really annoying, I haven't seen that here, but I see these comments on music review sites. Amy Winehouse is the new trend.

It makes me wonder if people were like this following Hendrix and Jim Morrison's deaths. :rolleyes:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online