Most overrated rock artists of all time?

overrated band?

• Pink Floyd

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Blink 182

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Rolling Stones

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Rush

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tool

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • U2

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Oasis

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
well... that's only mildly bigoted!

It's all about style, not skin colour.

I'll take these first two artists:

James%20Brown%2001.jpg 111728-004-870AE645.jpg

Over these latter two:

limp-bizkit-20050801-59471-2.jpg
rsvp.jpg

every time.

:drums:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
you were either not alive or a total moron in the 80s to make a claim like that.

yes he's being martyred a little too much now, yes he did turn into a freakshow. but he was most definitely worthy of all the praise and accolades he received back in his day. Thriller was beyond massive. hell it's the reason MTV stopped being a bleached out radio station broadcasting on tv.

it's true his career had nowhere else to go but down, especially with the leeches he ended up surrounded with. that doesn't change the fact that he was very much incredibly talented the early parts of his career (and not just as a boy with the Jackson 5).

and before anyone starts going off about the kids he allegedly (and likely) abused... what about the parents desperate to be the next Micheal and Dina Lohan who were pushing their kids into his arms?

:lmao::bump:Well, actually you're wrong two times when you launch those two flames at me:):). I was born the same year MJ was, but MJ "died" when he split from the Jackson 5 and started solo:****:. I used to like his singing as a little kid, but then he went totally bananas:grinthumb. He even learned the Moonwalk from some other artist (bet ya didn't know that...."MJ best dancer and overall entertainer" around my a**

ROCK ON :):heybaby:
]

Last edited by a moderator:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Okay lets see whos strings I can pull today! :lmao:

Lets start with:

Abba

Followed by:

The Rolling Stones
Queen
K.I.S.S
Sweet
David Bowie
Britney Spears
Blondie
Bros
Rod Stewart

And then you get some groups which are overrated in certain periods such as:

Disco Bee Gees
70s Status Quo

I guess there's always more where that came from, but that's all I've got at the moment! :lmao:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
The Rolling Stones
Queen
K.I.S.S
Sweet
David Bowie
Britney Spears
Blondie
Bros
Rod Stewart

And then you get some groups which are overrated in certain periods such as:

Disco Bee Gees
70s Status Quo

I agree except for the Stones, Kiss, Sweet and Blondie...ain't bad is it??!:):)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
snakes&ladders wrote:

I agree except for the Stones, Kiss, Sweet and Blondie...ain't bad is it??!:):)

I can only take so much of the Rolling Stones - most of their hits have Faded Away! :( They have some good songs though, but because their simply history still performing makes them overrated in my book! :(

Kiss, Queen, 70s Status Quo are comflicts of interest for me cause I've heard those groups so much, they tend to drive me bonkers.

I've only heard one good song from The Sweet and it ain't the Ballroom Blitz :(

Blondie is another group I used to hear so much of, but that's what I thought this thread was all about, groups which are played too much and simply wear out.

I'm suprised LG hasn't mentioned Fleetwood Mac "Rumors" album in this thread! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I see you have made a thorough sweep of quite a few heavyweights my friend...:heheh:

While I'm on record as preferring FM's white album to Rumours, I still enjoy playing it once in a while.;)

The Stones,,,I do agree but again I have some CD's I still enjoy of theirs.

The rest of your list is okay, The Sweet really didn't get overexposed too much, and after a few beers I still play Ballroom Blitz, Little Willy, Fox on the Run,,,but that represents my Entire Sweet collection.:hab:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
CP/M User:

Okay lets see whos strings I can pull today!

Mine for one. A good caning is what you deserve for lumping the Rolling Stones in with Britney Spears. You must be in the "They should step aside and make it easier for today's artists to get a piece of the rock dollar camp". Well who the hell ever promised young musicians it had to be easy? Longevity in a band is a plus, not a minus.

I'm suprised LG hasn't mentioned Fleetwood Mac "Rumors" album in this thread!

I will then. The mid-seventies Fleetwood Mac lineup responsible for "Rumours". Middle of the road pop. Pablum for the masses!

:drums:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Pablum if it's cooked properly Fox. :D

And not all music has to be a masterpiece or complex to be enjoyable, I have the full range as I am sure you do as well in the library.

I don't think Britney is overrated, just overexposed, underbrained and oversexed, other than that I have no problem with her...lol.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online