1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most overrated rock artists of all time?

Discussion in 'Rock Lounge' started by Oblivion, Oct 6, 2009.

overrated band?

1. Pink Floyd

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Blink 182

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Rolling Stones

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Rush

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Tool

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Led Zeppelin

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  7. U2

16 vote(s)
    30.2%
  8. The Beatles

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  9. Oasis

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

It's all about style, not skin colour.

I'll take these first two artists:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Over these latter two:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

every time.

:drums:

2. snakes&ladders

snakes&ladders Senior Member

Good one....and I'll take Prince over Jacko anyday....King of Pop my a**:):):)

3. snakes&ladders

:lmao::bump:Well, actually you're wrong two times when you launch those two flames at me:):). I was born the same year MJ was, but MJ "died" when he split from the Jackson 5 and started solo:pimp:. I used to like his singing as a little kid, but then he went totally bananas:grinthumb. He even learned the Moonwalk from some other artist (bet ya didn't know that...."MJ best dancer and overall entertainer" around my a**

ROCK ON :):heybaby:
    ]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  4. CP/M User

CP/M User Ace in the Hole

Okay lets see whos strings I can pull today! :lmao:

Lets start with:

Abba

Followed by:

The Rolling Stones
    Queen
    K.I.S.S
    Sweet
    David Bowie
    Britney Spears
    Blondie
    Bros
    Rod Stewart

And then you get some groups which are overrated in certain periods such as:

Disco Bee Gees
    70s Status Quo

I guess there's always more where that came from, but that's all I've got at the moment! :lmao:

5. snakes&ladders

I agree except for the Stones, Kiss, Sweet and Blondie...ain't bad is it??!:):)

6. CP/M User

snakes&ladders wrote:

I agree except for the Stones, Kiss, Sweet and Blondie...ain't bad is it??!:):)

I can only take so much of the Rolling Stones - most of their hits have Faded Away! :( They have some good songs though, but because their simply history still performing makes them overrated in my book! :(

Kiss, Queen, 70s Status Quo are comflicts of interest for me cause I've heard those groups so much, they tend to drive me bonkers.

I've only heard one good song from The Sweet and it ain't the Ballroom Blitz :(

Blondie is another group I used to hear so much of, but that's what I thought this thread was all about, groups which are played too much and simply wear out.

I'm suprised LG hasn't mentioned Fleetwood Mac "Rumors" album in this thread! :D

7. CP/M User

I reckon Joni Mitchell is overrated too, but I still Love her! :tongue:

8. LG

LG Fade To Black

I see you have made a thorough sweep of quite a few heavyweights my friend...:heheh:

While I'm on record as preferring FM's white album to Rumours, I still enjoy playing it once in a while.;)

The Stones,,,I do agree but again I have some CD's I still enjoy of theirs.

The rest of your list is okay, The Sweet really didn't get overexposed too much, and after a few beers I still play Ballroom Blitz, Little Willy, Fox on the Run,,,but that represents my Entire Sweet collection.:hab:

9. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

CP/M User:

Mine for one. A good caning is what you deserve for lumping the Rolling Stones in with Britney Spears. You must be in the "They should step aside and make it easier for today's artists to get a piece of the rock dollar camp". Well who the hell ever promised young musicians it had to be easy? Longevity in a band is a plus, not a minus.

I will then. The mid-seventies Fleetwood Mac lineup responsible for "Rumours". Middle of the road pop. Pablum for the masses!

:drums:

10. LG

LG Fade To Black

Nothing wrong with Pablum if it's cooked properly Fox. :D

And not all music has to be a masterpiece or complex to be enjoyable, I have the full range as I am sure you do as well in the library.

I don't think Britney is overrated, just overexposed, underbrained and oversexed, other than that I have no problem with her...lol.